Contribute
Register

[INFO] ASUS ROG STRIX G531GT bios mod and hackintosh Mojave and/or Catalina install

Motherboard
ASUS G531GT
CPU
i5-9300H
Graphics
UHD 630+GTX 1650
@hugo42 whatevergreen is doing that job with -wegnoegpu flag there is no need to add any other ssdt to disable gpu. VoodooI2C has some battery consuming issue but even that is hardly noticable. As serdeliuk says the battery is not great on that laptop.
You can check power consuming with Intel® Power Gadget. Yes it's lower on windows but not that much a difference.
In windows CPU base frequency is 0.9 ghz but in mac it can't go down under 1.2 ghz. That's why I am talking about underwolting.
I am not that experienced on CPUFriend. But I ll try on my free time.
I ll also disable all unsupported PCI devices with an SSDT not only GPU. Even with all of that I dont think we can achive more than 2 hour with that battery.
Edit: There is an automated script for creating CPU friend and provider. You can try that but I didn't see any difference on power consumption on my side please inform me results if you see any difference. One-Key-CPUFriend

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX G-G731GU-EV005T
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1660 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@hugo42 whatevergreen is doing that job with -wegnoegpu flag there is no need to add any other ssdt to disable gpu. VoodooI2C has some battery consuming issue but even that is hardly noticable. As serdeliuk says the battery is not great on that laptop.
You can check power consuming with Intel® Power Gadget. Yes it's lower on windows but not that much a difference.
In windows CPU base frequency is 0.9 ghz but in mac it can't go down under 1.2 ghz. That's why I am talking about underwolting.
I am not that experienced on CPUFriend. But I ll try on my free time.
I ll also disable all unsupported PCI devices with an SSDT not only GPU. Even with all of that I dont think we can achive more than 2 hour with that battery.
Edit: There is an automated script for creating CPU friend and provider. You can try that but I didn't see any difference on power consumption on my side please inform me results if you see any difference. One-Key-CPUFriend
Hi,
Check this forum : https://github.com/daliansky/XiaoMi-Pro-Hackintosh/issues/224

I already had this problem on Linux, I'm sure it's the nVidia GPU.
When computer boot, the bios activates all the peripherals of the PC to test them. Next, the operating system manage devices to save battery.
In Windows, my ROG has approximately 6 hours of battery life in very low power mode. Because windows manage how GPU it use for this task or this task.
In macOS 1 hour.. macOS doesn't turn off nVidia graphics card. So the graphics card continues to drain the battery and overheats the computer. ;)

Motherboard
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1660 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
And, CPU management is natively supported in Mojave for Coffee Lake (Refresh) CPUs. Just check PluginType in Clover.

Motherboard
ASUS G531GT
CPU
i5-9300H
Graphics
UHD 630+GTX 1650
I ll test drain difference by disabling it with ssdt. I am using opencore thats why I use custom ssdt for plugin type.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
@hugo42 you have a different computer than us, while we have 531GT you have 731GU which probably have a better battery. My battery last one hour and a half if do nothing in windows, and approx one hour in osx or linux.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1660 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
hi @serdeliuk, in Windows my battery life is approximately 4-5h in Windows in low power mode and 30 minutes in OSX, because of nVidia Optimus

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Wow, there is huge difference, i think our generation of Nvidia chipsets are not optimus, do you know what battery your laptop have?

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Also, it seems that your notebook has indeed an optimus video card, i think those cards are supported in OSX with some kind of tweaks. But I am not sure, you need to identify your card on Nvidia website to see if it is optimus or not.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Also, it seems that your notebook has indeed an optimus video card, i think those cards are supported in OSX with some kind of tweaks. But I am not sure, you need to identify your card on Nvidia website to see if it is optimus or not.
optimus technology is not supported on hacks, best to disable via DSDT or SSDT hotpatching

Motherboard
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1660 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
My laptop use nVidia Optimus
I'm looking on all forums how to disable this graphics card but I don't know how to do it