Contribute
Register

[INFO] ASUS ROG STRIX G531GT bios mod and hackintosh Mojave and/or Catalina install

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G731GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,
You will need a working mac or hackintosh in order to successfully create a bootable usb installer.
Do you have any troubles booting the installer? Or creating the usb stick?

Best regards,

Marc
Hi serdeliuk,
I have created the usb installers of Big sur and Catalina from a hackintosh (Highsierra, HP G450 Probook) by these steps:
- download installer and create bootable usb installer
- using clover to add EFI to the usb
- replace EFI content of the usb by EFI folder in the https://github.com/serdeliuk/hackint0sh repo.

With the Big sur usb installer, laptop freeze at boot.
With the Catalina usb installer, laptop shows several things, and it loops reboot process.

Can I use the EFI in the git repo to create usb installer for the latest Big sur, or only stop at Catallina?
And how can I create a usb installer so that it can boot sucessfully like your G531?

Thank for your supports!

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi serdeliuk,
I have created the usb installers of Big sur and Catalina from a hackintosh (Highsierra, HP G450 Probook) by these steps:
- download installer and create bootable usb installer
- using clover to add EFI to the usb
- replace EFI content of the usb by EFI folder in the https://github.com/serdeliuk/hackint0sh repo.

With the Big sur usb installer, laptop freeze at boot.
With the Catalina usb installer, laptop shows several things, and it loops reboot process.

Can I use the EFI in the git repo to create usb installer for the latest Big sur, or only stop at Catallina?
And how can I create a usb installer so that it can boot sucessfully like your G531?

Thank for your supports!
BigSur is unsupported by the efi folders provided in the GitHub repo, if you want to install Catalina you should use 1.0.5 release.
I have a new version that works with both, BigSur and Catalina, but i am very busy those days and i am not sure when i will have time to finalize the release tests and upload the files. The new release will contain both Clover and OC to chose from.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G731GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
BigSur is unsupported by the efi folders provided in the GitHub repo, if you want to install Catalina you should use 1.0.5 release.
I have a new version that works with both, BigSur and Catalina, but i am very busy those days and i am not sure when i will have time to finalize the release tests and upload the files. The new release will contain both Clover and OC to chose from.
Thank you for your supporing!
I will try to use the https://github.com/serdeliuk/G531GT-hackint0sh/releases/tag/5 (version 1.0.5 as you suggest) with Catallina boot installer USB.
If sucess, I will upgrade the the hackintosh to Big sur :D

Thank you again for your contribution in the hackintosh community.

Best regards,
zvtrung

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Thank you for your supporing!
I will try to use the https://github.com/serdeliuk/G531GT-hackint0sh/releases/tag/5 (version 1.0.5 as you suggest) with Catallina boot installer USB.
If sucess, I will upgrade the the hackintosh to Big sur :D

Thank you again for your contribution in the hackintosh community.

Best regards,
zvtrung
If you upgrade the hackintosh to BigSur from Catalina you will need to upgrade the Clover bootloader too, including the config file, the new version of config contain some new things that does not exists in the provided one.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Maybe this weekend i will be able to finalize and test the new efi for BigSur, let see

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G731GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Maybe this weekend i will be able to finalize and test the new efi for BigSur, let see
Hi serdeliuk,
Would you please share your the EFI directory for your Big Sur - ROG Strix G531GT?

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strox G532
CPU
I7-10875H
Graphics
2070 super
Has someone tested this EFI.zip on the Asus ROG Strix G532L?

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strox G532
CPU
I7-10875H
Graphics
2070 super
your graphics card is not supported
That's not a problem for me. I will use this hackintosh for running xcode. Do you know if in this use-case the graphics card is needed? What kind of problems could the GPU missing support generate?
Thanks for your answer!