Contribute
Register

[INFO] ASUS ROG STRIX G531GT bios mod and hackintosh Mojave and/or Catalina install

Motherboard
Asus Strix G531GD
CPU
i5-9300H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
you're welcome, i will try to see if this weekend i can take/use the asus and build/test a new efi to support mojave,catalina and bigsur, then update the github
Hey @serdeliuk I have an odd and embarrassing request to you I have lost my bios due to windows wanting to f with me
I have flashed a stock bios using eprom programmer but as we know it doesn't have any serial/mac information due to that none the storage media is being detected sata/nvme.
I was wondering if you could provide your bios backup dump so that I can edit my bios using AMIBCP by finding and replicating all the OEM information with my info
The sad part is there are no OEM asus service center where I live and and even if I had they don't do this type of stuff

I know I'm asking too much but I really need that backup dump.

Pls reply and let me know if I'm stupid

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hey @serdeliuk I have an odd and embarrassing request to you I have lost my bios due to windows wanting to f with me
I have flashed a stock bios using eprom programmer but as we know it doesn't have any serial/mac information due to that none the storage media is being detected sata/nvme.
I was wondering if you could provide your bios backup dump so that I can edit my bios using AMIBCP by finding and replicating all the OEM information with my info
The sad part is there are no OEM asus service center where I live and and even if I had they don't do this type of stuff

I know I'm asking too much but I really need that backup dump.

Pls reply and let me know if I'm stupid
Oh, that's really bad, if you don't have a backup, did you ever give to me your bios dump? If so probably i can search my backups to check and see if i still have the file.
The bios missing data is not only about the windows activation code, but a lot more, i cannot share with you my bios due to mac addresses and serial numbers, sorry. But if i can help, just let me know what you exactly need, i can do a search in my own bios and give offsets if this is what you want. As a suggestion you can try to find a bios dump on win-raid or bios-mods bios modding websites. Check the VirtualBiosMod thread too, maybe there is an existing dump from others.

Motherboard
Asus Strix G531GD
CPU
i5-9300H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Oh, that's really bad, if you don't have a backup, did you ever give to me your bios dump? If so probably i can search my backups to check and see if i still have the file.
The bios missing data is not only about the windows activation code, but a lot more, i cannot share with you my bios due to mac addresses and serial numbers, sorry. But if i can help, just let me know what you exactly need, i can do a search in my own bios and give offsets if this is what you want. As a suggestion you can try to find a bios dump on win-raid or bios-mods bios modding websites. Check the VirtualBiosMod thread too, maybe there is an existing dump from others.
hey serdeliuk,
no i did not provide you with my bios dump, can you help if i provide you with a stock bios file and my serial and mac
and i absolutely do not care about windows keys you could just add some random values in it

the main issue is the bios is not detecting any sort of storage devices such as nvme and sata only shows usb devices
doesn't even have nvme settings in bios only sata settings available but devices are not being detected if my storage devices were being detected i couldn't care less about bios's proprietary data

once again let me know if im being stupid and if im asking too much. im literally in frustration you know how this bios stuff is scary

Attachments

• file.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 25
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
There is no stupid when it comes to poke with this stuff, nobody has all details and nobody knows all, bad luck can happen to anyone, and more, this way we learn :)
Actually i think i don't care too much about the Asus serials and mac addresses as my notebook is almost out of guarantee, i will check, let see.

Usually, as far as i know, when you write a stock firmware you lose only mac addresses, serial numbers, and windows activation code, serial numbers are a lot, for each hardware your computer provided has and can be software modified, for example your computer serial number, or motherboard serial number. Basically if you flash a vanilla firmware your hardware should work properly, are you sure that you flashed your computer's vanilla firmware, for your exact model?
Try to download an older version for your model and flash again.

I will have a look later today at the provided file.zip and check to see if i can see anything wrong, maybe you can dump the actual firmware and provide that one too. If you think that still have private data just PM me with the dump.

Motherboard
Asus Strix G531GD
CPU
i5-9300H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
There is no stupid when it comes to poke with this stuff, nobody has all details and nobody knows all, bad luck can happen to anyone, and more, this way we learn :)
Actually i think i don't care too much about the Asus serials and mac addresses as my notebook is almost out of guarantee, i will check, let see.

Usually, as far as i know, when you write a stock firmware you lose only mac addresses, serial numbers, and windows activation code, serial numbers are a lot, for each hardware your computer provided has and can be software modified, for example your computer serial number, or motherboard serial number. Basically if you flash a vanilla firmware your hardware should work properly, are you sure that you flashed your computer's vanilla firmware, for your exact model?
Try to download an older version for your model and flash again.

I will have a look later today at the provided file.zip and check to see if i can see anything wrong, maybe you can dump the actual firmware and provide that one too. If you think that still have private data just PM me with the dump.
I found a file named "G531GD 9th 305 ASUS ROG Strix Hero II.bin"(i will attach that file) in the depths of the internet using an programmer and it booted then, and then I just updated the bios with the official stock file from ASUS because it didn't detect both my nvme and sata and even after update i was out of luck the file.zip I provided you has the stock latest bios(309) and a read me file with all the info of my SN and MAC

currently I do not have a computer and the chip programmer I loaned a laptop from a good friend of mine(his personal computer) and I'm writing you on it.

anyways I can program the bios fully without that ic programmer? via msdos perhaps?
I do really hope that you check the files I provided you. and about serials I too don't care about that too much the thing I care about is detection on my nvme and sata and i only worried about the serials because its my daily driver

and once again I really hope you check those file when you get the time to do so, because I'm $hit outta luck

Attachments

• G531GD 9th.305 ASUS ROG Strix Hero II.rar
    8.4 MB · Views: 32
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Now i realised that you have a different notebook than mine.
Just to clarify, you flashed with a flash programmer your laptop's firmware with a stock firmware and this broken your notebook? Or you used a random firmware downloaded from the internet? Do you have the firmware file that broke you notebook?
Did you had a chance to do a backup of your original firmware? Do you have the backup?

Motherboard
Asus Strix G531GD
CPU
i5-9300H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Now i realised that you have a different notebook than mine.
Just to clarify, you flashed with a flash programmer your laptop's firmware with a stock firmware and this broken your notebook? Or you used a random firmware downloaded from the internet? Do you have the firmware file that broke you notebook?
Did you had a chance to do a backup of your original firmware? Do you have the backup?
Hey serdeliuk,
I flashed a random frimware from the internet (I attached that above post, here is the Link)
No I didn't had a chance to backup the frimware
No I do not have a backup

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hey serdeliuk,
I flashed a random frimware from the internet (I attached that above post, here is the Link)
No I didn't had a chance to backup the frimware
No I do not have a backup
i see, now your laptop what firmware has? did you managed to flash a vanilla original firmware?
Does your laptop boot to bios setup interface? Are you able to load EZ Flash?

Motherboard
Asus Strix G531GD
CPU
i5-9300H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
i see, now your laptop what firmware has? did you managed to flash a vanilla original firmware?
Does your laptop boot to bios setup interface? Are you able to load EZ Flash?
After flashing the dogy frimware It did booted into bios so i used with the storage drives missing so I used ez flash to flash the vanilla frimware from asus's website (version 309) the flash did succeseded but the storage devices didn't show up nor did the nvme settings

So now I can basically boot into bios but as of operating systems I can only boot via usb drives not the inbuilt ssds

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
After flashing the dogy frimware It did booted into bios so i used with the storage drives missing so I used ez flash to flash the vanilla frimware from asus's website (version 309) the flash did succeseded but the storage devices didn't show up nor did the nvme settings

So now I can basically boot into bios but as of operating systems I can only boot via usb drives not the inbuilt ssds
are you able to do a dump of your actual firmware? maybe use the flash programmer? If so please attach the actual firmware too