Contribute
Register

[INFO] ASUS ROG STRIX G531GT bios mod and hackintosh Mojave and/or Catalina install

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
I don't know what Coreboot is, but don't care as long as does not make any use on our case :) worth to mention that you need to port Coreboot to your hardware which is an almost impossible task, think about why micron nvme ssd does not work in osx and will see what i mean... you don't want to start porting/building/compiling the Coreboot for each motherboard/bios variant...
And even it is possible (for fun) will not be able to complete necessary tasks required by a hackintosh, hot patch and insert kexts

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Worth to mention, i started to port Clover to my phone (redmi note 7 "ARM64") :) here Coreboot can help, but not sure if it is the right one, will see

Motherboard
HM370
CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
GTX 1650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
You can create a small partition by resizing the windows one on the nvme drive and do a new install there
Hey @serdeliuk
I tried your suggestion to install macOS on my nvme drive, yet there are no changes either in the increase or decrease of the battery life (anyhow except for faster boot speed).
It is still around 70 minutes.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hey @serdeliuk
I tried your suggestion to install macOS on my nvme drive, yet there are no changes either in the increase or decrease of the battery life (anyhow except for faster boot speed).
It is still around 70 minutes.
I assume that you opened you laptop and took out the old/mechanical hdd, right?

Motherboard
HM370
CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
GTX 1650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I assume that you opened you laptop and took out the old/mechanical hdd, right?
No, I just made a new windows partion in my nvme drive. Installed MacOS on it. I didn't removed my hdd.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
That takes power. Try without the cables connected. Is there a solution to the problem when I'm starting macOS? It says disk5s1 device is not readable. I looked it up. It's the main disk. The HDD is splitted into 3 partitions. MacOS, Games (NTFS), Linux (Ext4). The HDD itself, disk5s1 gives that not readable error. Not one of the partitions. It slows down boot because it tries to read anyway. Eventually gives up and start macOS. It is very annoying as booting takes a long time now. Is there any way to solve it? Or to disable that it's trying to read it?

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix G G531G
CPU
i5 9300H
Graphics
GTX 1650
So does this work with the public version of Big Sur? I have it running Catalina and I'd like to upgrade.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
So does this work with the public version of Big Sur? I have it running Catalina and I'd like to upgrade.
My clover from github is not updated and will not work directly, if you can wait few days i will update the archive to latest version, if you use OC probably works, i don't know for sure.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix G G531G
CPU
i5 9300H
Graphics
GTX 1650
My clover from github is not updated and will not work directly, if you can wait few days i will update the archive to latest version, if you use OC probably works, i don't know for sure.
I already have it installed on my G531GT running Catalina. Could I install clover to a USB with your kexts, update them then install the update from the app store, use the USB to boot then install clover and the kexts?

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
I already have it installed on my G531GT running Catalina. Could I install clover to a USB with your kexts, update them then install the update from the app store, use the USB to boot then install clover and the kexts?
The correct approach will be to upgrade Clover first, then all extensions to latest available versions, but the most important part will be to upgrade Clover config.plist and add missing quirks