CPU
i7-10510u
Graphics
HD 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Firstly let me apologise for not having my build in my signature. I filled in all the details but when I press save, the details are all lost. It might be because I am selecting "Other" for motherboard?

I have a ThinkPad X2100, its a custom X201 shell with a 51nb motherboard and Intel i7-10510u processor. I have hackintoshed my other X201 with standard motherboard and the mouse and trackpoint work great, but on this custom build I am having trouble with the touchpad.

When VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext is enabled, only the centre of the trackpad responds, but the outer edge does not.
If I disable VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, the whole of the trackpad area is responsive.

My SSDT-ThinkPad_TrackPad.aml contains the following (and is working) (please note the device is different from a standard X201):

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "ACDT", "ps2", 0x00000000)
{
External (_SB_.PCI0.PS2K, DeviceObj)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.PS2K)
{
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
{
If (LNot (Arg2))
{
Return (Buffer (One)
{
0x03
})
}

Return (Package (0x04)
{
"RM,oem-id",
"LENOVO",
"RM,oem-table-id",
"Thinkpad_TrackPad"
})
}

Name (RMCF, Package (0x02)
{
"Synaptics TouchPad",
Package (0x34)
{
"BogusDeltaThreshX",
0x64,
"BogusDeltaThreshY",
0x64,
"Clicking",
">y",
"DragLockTempMask",
0x00040004,
"DynamicEWMode",
">n",
"FakeMiddleButton",
">n",
"HWResetOnStart",
">y",
"PalmNoAction When Typing",
">y",
"ScrollResolution",
0x012C,
"SmoothInput",
">y",
"UnsmoothInput",
">y",
"Thinkpad",
">y",
"DivisorX",
One,
"DivisorY",
One,
"FingerZ",
0x2F,
"MaxTapTime",
0x05F5E100,
"MomentumScrollThreshY",
0x10,
"MouseMultiplierX",
0x08,
"MouseMultiplierY",
0x08,
"MouseScrollMultiplierX",
0x02,
"MouseScrollMultiplierY",
0x02,
"MultiFingerHorizontalDivisor",
0x04,
"MultiFingerVerticalDivisor",
0x04,
"Resolution",
0x05AA,
"ScrollDeltaThreshX",
0x0A,
"ScrollDeltaThreshY",
0x0A
}
})
}
}

Is there some way for me to specify/increase the clickable area on the Thinkpad_TrackPad?

I am using the latest OpenCore and all kexts updated https://github.com/jamesfawcett/Thinkpad-X2100-51nb-OpenCore-Hackintosh

Thanks
James

Firstly let me apologise for not having my build in my signature. I filled in all the details but when I press save, the details are all lost. It might be because I am selecting "Other" for motherboard?

I have a ThinkPad X2100, its a custom X201 shell with a 51nb motherboard and Intel i7-10510u processor. I have hackintoshed my other X201 with standard motherboard and the mouse and trackpoint work great, but on this custom build I am having trouble with the touchpad.

When VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext is enabled, only the centre of the trackpad responds, but the outer edge does not.
If I disable VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, the whole of the trackpad area is responsive.

My SSDT-ThinkPad_TrackPad.aml contains the following (and is working) (please note the device is different from a standard X201):

Is there some way for me to specify/increase the clickable area on the Thinkpad_TrackPad?

I am using the latest OpenCore and all kexts updated https://github.com/jamesfawcett/Thinkpad-X2100-51nb-OpenCore-Hackintosh

Thanks
James
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

You probably don't need the SSDT tbh. There are some additional properties that may have talk about a deadzone under VoodooPS2.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

You sure that the trackpad doesn't work over SMBus or I2C though? Lenovo especially likes to use the former, and it most definitely should for a device from the past couple years. If it's SMBus (VoodooPS2Trackpad from Acidanthera should say if it supports Intertouch, check IORegistryExplorer or logging), then you can use VoodooRMI with it. If it's I2C, use VoodooI2C. Both of those are going to work better than VoodooPS2Trackpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back