GA-X99-UD5
CPU
Graphics
970GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Hi,

I recently was able to get iMessage working by following the idiots guide and changing my system build from a mac pro to an iMac 14,2. Everything runs smoothly except 50% of the time I boot I'm greeted with an apple logo that turns into a "no smoking sign" without the cigarette.

Here are my boot flags.

npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 slide=0

Any suggestions on how to get it to boot all the time, and why it doesn't consistently work?

Thank you for reading (and hopefully helping) :D

My guess would be that you have not fully disabled SIP or that you have kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/ that are not loading properly when something triggers a cache rebuild (or both).

My guess would be that you have not fully disabled SIP or that you have kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/ that are not loading properly when something triggers a cache rebuild (or both).

Attached are my kexts, they are in the "other" folder and I have no kexts in the 10.3

As for SIP, is it dangerous to fully disable it?

Thank you P1LGRIM not only for the response, but that idiots guide for imessage was SO helpful. Thank you for doing that!! :clap:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 6.17.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 6.17.42 AM.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 75
Attached are my kexts, they are in the "other" folder and I have no kexts in the 10.3
The only kexts that should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other are those that are essential to the boot process or to access the recovery partition. So FakeSMC.kext and your network kext.
Incidentally do you have three ethernet interfaces ? Why do you need three different ethernet kexts ?

As for SIP, is it dangerous to fully disable it?
No.

The only kexts that should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other are those that are essential to the boot process or to access the recovery partition. So FakeSMC.kext and your network kext.
Incidentally do you have three ethernet interfaces ? Why do you need three different ethernet kexts ?

Good question. I forgot to clean out the old ones when I reconfigured. Realtek works. Your suggestions plus getting ride of slide=0 and kext-dev-mode=1 have given me 3 consistent and faster boots. Hopefully it's fixed now. Thanks a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back