Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P35-DS3P
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
Graphics
GT218 nVidia
Hi! I'm trying to run an Experiment by hackintoshing a Core 2 Duo Machine (Max os it can run talking Apple) and I got some issues when making a USB with Unibeast on my MacBook Air 2017 running Big Sur.

I can't download macOS El Capitan by using the App Store on this MacBook as it's running Big Sur and will direct to System Preferences.
So I decided to download from the page Apple set up for older Macs the installer for El Capitan 10.11.6 as it's trusted and legal, when using this file (Ran the files and got the Application) it says it's incomplete. Tried downloading it again but to no success.

What are my options?

Hi! I'm trying to run an Experiment by hackintoshing a Core 2 Duo Machine (Max os it can run talking Apple) and I got some issues when making a USB with Unibeast on my MacBook Air 2017 running Big Sur.

I can't download macOS El Capitan by using the App Store on this MacBook as it's running Big Sur and will direct to System Preferences.
So I decided to download from the page Apple set up for older Macs the installer for El Capitan 10.11.6 as it's trusted and legal, when using this file (Ran the files and got the Application) it says it's incomplete. Tried downloading it again but to no success.

What are my options?

What are my options?
Are you downloading from this page ?

If so, the downloaded file is called InstallMacOSX.dmg and you need to double click to open and run it, then the El Capitan OS installer should appear in the Applications folder. Then that can be used to create a bootable USB installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back