Contribute
Register

Inateck M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter for NVME SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks trs96, I have see the RIITOP (Sabrent also has one identical). I think they are all the same make & model with different logos. Not crazy about all those led's on the side... I did run into another one identical but w/o led's. I may go for that.

I still want to know if anyone here has one, can I boot macOS from this?
Not sure but Even if you can’t you could put your EFI on a bootable drive and then choose the one in the PCI-E card.

Thanks trs96, I have see the RIITOP (Sabrent also has one identical). I think they are all the same make & model with different logos. Not crazy about all those led's on the side... I did run into another one identical but w/o led's. I may go for that.

I still want to know if anyone here has one, can I boot macOS from this?
I used one of these with Catalina, it came up in the boot menu of the board I was using and in open core. I used it as a test bed for new releases and it acted the same as one of the Nvme drives plugged into the motherboard. Very similar but no longer available apparently.

Qnine.png

I've been running a couple of Samsung NVMe SM951 drives on similar (Lycom) PCIe adapters since 2015. They work just fine as boot drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back