Contribute
Register

Inateck M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter for NVME SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but looks like the one supports only 1 NVMe & 1 SATA. Looking for a card that supports 2 NVMe.
Right, I searched from my phone and the details on the Amazon mobile site aren’t as obvious as the regular one. Sounded good but not what you wanted. I did another informal search and didn’t find anything other than 1 Nvme and 1 m2 sata configuration, same as the one I linked before. I think I found the Asus model you mentioned, might cost more but it’s cheaper than a new motherboard. I wonder a little about latency if the system is trying to access both drives at the same time or even intermittently.

Right, I searched from my phone and the details on the Amazon mobile site aren’t as obvious as the regular one. Sounded good but not what you wanted. I did another informal search and didn’t find anything other than 1 Nvme and 1 m2 sata configuration, same as the one I linked before. I think I found the Asus model you mentioned, might cost more but it’s cheaper than a new motherboard. I wonder a little about latency if the system is trying to access both drives at the same time or even intermittently.
The Asus one is 8x or 16x so latency should not be an issue since the normal m.2 port is 4x.

The Asus one is 8x or 16x so latency should not be an issue since the normal m.2 port is 4x.
Well theoretically the fastest speed you would be able to achieve is the speed of the Pcie bus or 4x. Then if you have to share that bandwidth with two drives there will be some latency. Even then I'm sure it'll be faster than SATA.

@trs96 would this work in a HP 8300 with only the one PCI? also can it be used as a system drive in that system as long as clover is installed on a sata SSD?

Which one ? SFF or MT ? Post a pic of which slot you want to use.
sorry SFF, it may have 2 PCIs, what i meant was I thought it was an older PCI 2.x spec and maybe wouldn't work or not worth the upgrade.

Can't find the Inateck adapters on Amazon anymore. Looking at other brands... question is, can I boot a macOS from one of these?
It looks like they were such a great deal, even the manufacturer is sold out. $9 is a crazy good price.
Screen Shot 15.jpg

This one on Amazon looks like it will work just as well. Has a heatsink included.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JJTVGZM/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Screen Shot 17.jpg

Thanks trs96, I have see the RIITOP (Sabrent also has one identical). I think they are all the same make & model with different logos. Not crazy about all those led's on the side... I did run into another one identical but w/o led's. I may go for that.

I still want to know if anyone here has one, can I boot macOS from this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back