Contribute
Register

Inateck M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter for NVME SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADM topped 30 and BM topped 35, idling at 22 - 23 C.
That is amazing. Just think if there was a CPU cooler that made that much difference in CPU temps it would be the worldwide best seller. Especially if it sold for 12 USD !

It even has an onboard green LED letting you know it's busy!.

Just wanted to update everyone with the alternative heatsink options available now!. Notice I placed one of the rather not very good option available, onto the back of one the best. I think it's fair to say I have possibly improved the cooling aspect of this rather good adapter. This will now live in my Dell 9020 which I plan to use as my OC testing machine following this rather good guide, The 4K Dell OptiMac Big Sur and OpenCore Thread - Dell Optiplex 7020 and 9020.

IMG_4164.jpg

Last edited:
This will now live in my Dell 9020 which I plan to use as my OC testing machine following this rather good guide
Yes, take your time to learn OC. You already have Clover experience so that's half the battle. Some of the main differences are the level of detailed config.plist fine tuning and the various "quirks" that are unique to OC. I don't have a complete step by step guide yet because I'm still in the learning stages myself. Dortania did a lot of work to get that massive amount of info all organized into a coherent guide so that is where most people start learning OC.

I think the heat temps reported are questionable on some NVMe drives - I use a fan cooler on mine (ADATA) and it consistently reports sub ambient temps waking after sleep and on drive speed testing it never reaches 26C. Having tested it a bit I estimated its under-reporting by between 10-15C. pic is from PC similar results on osx

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-14 125736.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-14 125736.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 71
I think the heat temps reported are questionable on some NVMe drives.
I agree nicksoph, I think the HPs rather exaggerated their coolness too!. It was suggested in reviews on Newegg that the EX900/EX920 had a faulty heat sensor that claimed it was much cooler than it actually was, hence a lot of them got returned. My Kingspec that arrived from China outlasted all the supposedly cool kids.

That is a nice addition and the price is great.

Last edited:
If you have an older motherboard without an onboard M.2 slot or simply don't have enough M.2 slots, here's a new find for those that want to upgrade their system drive to NVME. This looks really well built with a large heatsink to keep the drive cool. Price is incredible seeing that most adapters don't include any heatsink in this price range. Now that NVME SSD prices have come down very close to what Sata SSDs cost this makes more sense, especially when the adapter/heatsink is only 12 USD. Will also work with M.2 Sata based SSDs if you still have one of those to use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZTCRMTM/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Does anyone know if there is a card like this that supports 2 M.2 NVMe drives, preferably PCIe x16 or x8 electrical interface, low profile? I've looked over Amazon & NewEgg but haven't been able to fond anything. Asus seems to have something for about $50 but It's high profile & has a fan (prefer to stay away from fans).

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back