Contribute
Register
The card just came in without any cables. Is there a quick(without flashing or soldering pin 3 to 5) way to make sure the card works?
If you have a Raspberry Pi or Arduino kit, the kit might have a female to female jumper wire. That can be used to connect the top and middle pins. Without connecting the pins, the card will not turn on.

We can order a set from Amazon as well:

I’ve updated a number of links. Please try again and point out any that might still be stale.

Procedure to flash Winbond chip: link is dead

BTW, do I need to attach PCI power to the 2 connectors on the TR card? It's not slot powered?

For the flashing procedure, I just need to power the RPi and not the Titan Ridge card?

BTW, do I need to attach PCI power to the 2 connectors on the TR card? It's not slot powered?
PCI power is not necessary; it becomes necessary if we want to charge devices connected to the Thunderbolt ports.

For the flashing procedure, I just need to power the RPi and not the Titan Ridge card?
Correct. The card should be removed from the computer when flashing. The SOIC clip should be attached and detached very gently. We don’t want to dislodge tiny nearby surface mount devices.

Ordered a usb flash programmer plus assorted kit. The programmer was just $8 more, if it doesn't work I'll get my RPi out.

Thanks for the help, CaseySJ!

Here is where I am at with TB3 hotswap right now:
I used to have to to get to the Opencore boot selector, power on my TB audio interface (UAD Apollo Twin MK2), boot to the Mac login screen, restart, power cycle the audio interface, then boot into MacOS, and only then would it connect successfully.

In the last couple of weeks, I have updated my Opencore install to Ventura, with a handful of obstacles that I had to overcome.
I then decided that it could be interesting to experiment with ChatGPT and the new Bing variant to see if it could help me to figure out how to get the TB hotswap working correctly.
I asked Bing about guiding me through the process of enabling TB3 hotswap on an Opencore install, using my ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard, and it actually provided links to some github repositories for my board model and CPU (i7 8700)!
There were downloadable EFIs in those repositories, and in them were some kexts and SSDT files specific to my hardware configuration.
In the ACPI folder there was 'SSDT-TbtOnPch.aml'. In the drivers folder there was 'TbtForcePower.efi'. In the kext folder there were two kext files that I didn't have previously. IOElectrify.kext and ThunderboltReset.kext.
I then mounted my EFI and added the files from the downloaded EFI, to my EFI after doing a back-up. I then loaded up my config.plist in OpenCore configurator, and dragged the SSDT files to the ACPI section, and the kext files across to the kernel section, then I saved my config.plist and rebooted.

The result? From a cold boot, now when I get to the boot selection screen, I can just power on my TB device, and then boot straight into MacOS. No need for the additional reboot and power cycle of the audio interface at the login screen.
If I turn my audio interface off when in the OS and turn it back on, it still doesn't reconnect, however. So it still isn't perfect, but it is a lot less inconvenient than it was.

ChatGPT in particular has been very helpful for explaining things properly, and clearly, which is something I find very lacking in the hackintosh community to be honest.
I asked it questions about the specific SSDTs, kexts, what order kext files should be in in OCC, boot arguments, editing config.plists etc.
Very useful learning tool!
Sounds awesome, would you be willing to share your EFI and any tips with utilizing Chatgpt?

Does anyone have an idea for this problem? The Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt 2 card does not allow you to turn off the computer when it is plugged in. Nothing gives ErP-Enable as well as Thunderbolt Boot-Disable.

Hi @CaseySJ So after years and years we've got the Antelope audio TB interfaces working! Congratz!
I use a Designare MB with flashed(years ago) intergraded TB card and Antelope audio interface and UAD accelerator(both tb2 to tb3 adapter). Both are working fine.

But it's only working after 2 reboots (so the first reboot the UAD accelerator works and after the 3rd boot the Antelope interface works (so no cold boot support). Any help? I followed the guides.

Last edited:
Back