Contribute
Register
@HumerousGorgon,

Thank you for the kind words and good to see you were able to flash the GC-Titan Ridge! Although the Thunderbolt SSDT is being injected, a number of important device properties for the Thunderbolt Native Host Interface (NHI) are missing:
View attachment 553543
Is it possible that you're booting from the wrong EFI partition? If there are multiple boot drives, it would be good to check BIOS --> Boot to ensure that the right disk has Boot Priority 1.

I have also attached a new Thunderbolt SSDT this is a drop-in replacement for the existing one. It may also be worth switching to this.
Thank you for attaching the SSDT - unfortunately it didn't do much to help the situation. My drive wasn't detected after replugging (initially after boot it was detected) and as for the missing properties.. well.. they're still missing. I've attached the IORegistryExplorer once again with the new SSDT so that you can have a poke around and see what's going on. Also attached is the IORegistryExplorer dump after the drive had been replugged in, in case this highlights any issues. It's important to note that at this stage I still haven't created a USB map for this system, but it shouldn't matter as this is dealing with thunderbolt devices.

As for boot order, the only drive in the system is the one with the correct EFI. If there is anything else I can do to assist in your problem solving process, please let me know. Is it worth it to try the pin3/5 bridge and remove the thunderbolt header?

Attachments

• iMac Pro - New SSDT.ioreg
    6 MB · Views: 43
  • iMac Pro - New SSDT - After Replug.ioreg
    6 MB · Views: 44
I
@HumerousGorgon,

Thank you for the kind words and good to see you were able to flash the GC-Titan Ridge! Although the Thunderbolt SSDT is being injected, a number of important device properties for the Thunderbolt Native Host Interface (NHI) are missing:
View attachment 553543
Is it possible that you're booting from the wrong EFI partition? If there are multiple boot drives, it would be good to check BIOS --> Boot to ensure that the right disk has Boot Priority 1.

I have also attached a new Thunderbolt SSDT this is a drop-in replacement for the existing one. It may also be worth switching to this.
I also realised that I'm a dunce and didn't have the thunderbolt header plugged in when testing your new SSDT - attached are the IORegistryExplorer dumps after I had the header attached with your new SSDT

Attachments

• iMac Pro - New SSDT - Header.ioreg
    5.9 MB · Views: 34
  • iMac Pro - New SSDT - Header - Replug.ioreg
    5.9 MB · Views: 45
I also realised that I'm a dunce and didn't have the thunderbolt header plugged in when testing your new SSDT - attached are the IORegistryExplorer dumps after I had the header attached with your new SSDT
Please check if you have SSDT-DTPG.aml in both EFI/OC/ACPI folder and in config.plist --> ACPI section. In case it's missing, I've attached it below.

By the way, the latest IOReg files you posted are very odd because Thunderbolt Bus has disappeared. Has the Thunderbolt firmware been flashed back to original version?

Latest IOReg: No Thunderbolt Bus
Screenshot 2022-08-21 at 10.02.19 AM.png

Previous IOReg: Thunderbolt Bus is present
Screenshot 2022-08-21 at 10.03.43 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 97
Last edited:
Please check if you have SSDT-DTPG.aml in both EFI/OC/ACPI folder and in config.plist --> ACPI section. In case it's missing, I've attached it below.

By the way, the latest IOReg files you posted are very odd because Thunderbolt Bus has disappeared. Has the Thunderbolt firmware been flashed back to original version?

Latest IOReg: No Thunderbolt Bus
View attachment 553551
Previous IOReg: Thunderbolt Bus is present
View attachment 553552
Thank you for the SSDT-DTPG.aml, hot plug is now working perfectly! I do have another interesting case to bring to you, if you'd like to lend a hand.
It was weird how the second IORegistryExplorer dump showed that the TB Bus wasn't present, but it's working now?
I really do appreciate all the help you've given me so far; I'm one step closer to having the dream hackintosh system!

I have a Promise Pegasus R6 (the original one, from back in 2011) that I attach via thunderbolt to my system. On my Z390 system with the same thunderbolt AIC and your firmware, it worked fine but on this system I can't seem to get it to mount. Weirdly, when it's attached from boot, the NVMe doesn't show up initially until I replug it back in, at which point the NVMe mounts. System Information and IORegistryExplorer show that the Pegasus R Series device is connected to the system can detect its presence, it just can't mount the drive. The Promise utility also can't access any information about the unit, which happens when thunderbolt isn't mounting it correctly. I have it connected with an Apple thunderbolt 1/2 to thunderbolt 3 adaptor. From my understanding, these adaptors only work when the system thinks that it's a native thunderbolt device. I've attached the IORegistryExplorer log to give you an insight into what might be going on.

Any assistance would be incredibly helpful but I understand if you have other projects that take precedence! Thank you.

Attachments

• iMac Pro - Hotplug Working - Promise Not Mounting.ioreg
    6.1 MB · Views: 83
Hello, I need help, I am updating a hackintosh that I have... Gigabyte z590 Vision G, with alpine ridge flashed. But in monterey it doesn't work for me. It will be that monterey and alpine are no longer compatible!. I need help!!! THANK YOU...

When I put the corresponding ssdt, downloaded from hackindrom, it seems to have thunderbolt bus, but 2x20gbps (I have mapped looking at the ioreg and the PC00, RP05) but it still doesn't work... I'm also using DTPG

@CaseySJ

Hello! I can't activate Hotplug on my Titan Ridge v2.Please help! Here is my files.Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 01.11.03.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 01.11.03.png
    870.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 01.10.47.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 01.10.47.png
    851.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Mihai’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    13.1 MB · Views: 15
  • SSDT-TB3-Slot-2.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 28
  • z390 Aorus Elite.png
    z390 Aorus Elite.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Hello everyone! Probably a dumb question: is there a way to get a GC Titan Ridge rev2 to work on a GA-X58A-UD5 chipset?
I had one of those cards lying around and tried to mount it on this mobo. It shows in IoReg, but TB devices are not working. Do I have to modify the SSDT and short pins on the header or should I just give up and get a newer mobo?
Attached is my IoReg; I noticed that the ACPI path is just PCI0 (no RP21 nor PXSX)

Attachments

• bruno’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    6.9 MB · Views: 36
Hello! I can't activate Hotplug on my Titan Ridge v2.Please help! Here is my files.Thank you
Please try attached SSDT. Your Thunderbolt controller is on PCI0.RP21 instead of PC00.RP21.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-Slot-2.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 28
Hello everyone! Probably a dumb question: is there a way to get a GC Titan Ridge rev2 to work on a GA-X58A-UD5 chipset?
I had one of those cards lying around and tried to mount it on this mobo. It shows in IoReg, but TB devices are not working. Do I have to modify the SSDT and short pins on the header or should I just give up and get a newer mobo?
Attached is my IoReg; I noticed that the ACPI path is just PCI0 (no RP21 nor PXSX)
Hello @brunogermain,

Please try the attached SSDT. Also check that SSDT-DTPG.aml is present and enabled.

After rebooting, post the IOReg file once again.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-PCI0-BRIDGE7.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 37
Hello @brunogermain,

Please try the attached SSDT. Also check that SSDT-DTPG.aml is present and enabled.

After rebooting, post the IOReg file once again.
BRG7 now appears in IoReg! But still no luck with my Motu 8A. Could it be that AppleVTD is not enabled? Is there a way to enable it on this mobo? I'm still using Clover bootloader because I had issues (set default boot partition and sketchy CPU power management) I couldn' get around using OpenCore...

Attachments

• bruno’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    7.2 MB · Views: 28
Back