Contribute
Register
I tested Bigsur and Monterey but I had a problem.
After trying several configurations, I couldn't get everything to work.
Either I had the Thunderbolt but no network, or I had the network but no Thunderbolt!!
The problem revolved around the disable iomapper setting in opencore and therefore the vtd setting in the bios which must remain enabled for the Thunderbolt to work!.
So I came back to catalina and I managed to find a configuration that works while waiting for my future mac studio.
In my humble opinion with thunderbolt and bigsur or Monterey you need at least Z490 or Z590 to be more compatible and stable!.
I haven't tested my current opencore configuration with bigsur or monterey but I suspect the result, maybe I will.. I will already switch to 0.8.2 being in 0.8.1

Last edited:
Here is my efi !.

This one is configured with opencore 0.8.1 an Asus prime Z-390-A card, an i9 9900k, a Radeon RX570 video card and my Asus ThunderboltEX 3 card firmware original NVM 26 in slot pcie 3 (RP17) and Catalina 10.15.7.
No tested on bigsur or monterey.

The file that interests you but is configured with the address in PEG1 (slot pcie 2) is SSDT-TB3-PEG1-HackinDROM.aml (disable in this setup opencore).
You will find it in EFI/OC/ACPI.

This configuration supports 2 monitors with different resolution configurations possible from one monitor to another.
The igpu is activated in the bios. The HDMI port on the Z390 motherboard is enabled as well as the HDMI/display ports on my Radeon RX570 card.
This in order to be able to use a USB-C screen in case.
In fact, all you have to do is send the video via the DP from the video card to the thunderbolt (DP) card with the supplied cable provided for this purpose to then have the video via the thunderbolt/USB-C port.

Do not forget to enter your serial numbers and smbios in the config.plist file.
the type of Mac used with this configuration is the imac 19.1

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Hello all,

Here is my new version for Monterey with opencore 0.8.2 !
It should also work with bigsur

- Thunderbolt with my Antelope discret 8 SC works as well as when it comes out of sleep, just wait a few seconds for it to reactivate.
- IGPU is enabled to drive a second screen via HDMI.
- main screen is controlled with my RX570.
- Network is finally working with thunderbolt (VTD) thanks to the forum and its contributors!!
THX :)

Here my EFI do not forget to enter its serial numbers using iMac 19.1 in config.plist

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Update Monterey 12.4 (21F79)
Opencore 0.8.2 updated

Forget your serial number in config.plist (Imac 19.1)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 72
Hello, looking to see whether anyone can offer some guidance,

I have an Asus X99 Deluxe board with a CaseyJS-flashed GC-Titan Ridge AIC. While I've tried many different SSDT setups to enable hotplug as well as attempting it all with the jumper cable attached rather than the TB-Header cable, nothing seems to be getting me to the point where I can hot plug a drive.

I'm wondering if someone could give me a hand with this; I have a thunderbolt to nvme adaptor that I've been using to test. I'm happy to try anything and everything no matter what it is. Thank you!

Hello, looking to see whether anyone can offer some guidance,

I have an Asus X99 Deluxe board with a CaseyJS-flashed GC-Titan Ridge AIC. While I've tried many different SSDT setups to enable hotplug as well as attempting it all with the jumper cable attached rather than the TB-Header cable, nothing seems to be getting me to the point where I can hot plug a drive.

I'm wondering if someone could give me a hand with this; I have a thunderbolt to nvme adaptor that I've been using to test. I'm happy to try anything and everything no matter what it is. Thank you!
The best person to ask is likely @CaseySJ as he is Thunderbolt Jesus, that said does the card show up in the IOregistry? does the drive work if it is plugged in from cold or warm boot? I swear the best flash for the add-in card is the modified z390 Designer flash, and to jumper the card not use the THB_C header cable.

Until yesterday I had not used the TB card in months, but yesterday I got a Studio Monitor bought it home connected the DP to the TB card and plugged in the Studio works on cold and warm boot as well as being hot plugged. Getting a Drive to work is one of the easier tasks in most cases hot plug for a TB3 drive can be achieved with only proper SSDT.

The best person to ask is likely @CaseySJ as he is Thunderbolt Jesus, that said does the card show up in the IOregistry? does the drive work if it is plugged in from cold or warm boot? I swear the best flash for the add-in card is the modified z390 Designer flash, and to jumper the card not use the THB_C header cable.

Until yesterday I had not used the TB card in months, but yesterday I got a Studio Monitor bought it home connected the DP to the TB card and plugged in the Studio works on cold and warm boot as well as being hot plugged. Getting a Drive to work is one of the easier tasks in most cases hot plug for a TB3 drive can be achieved with only proper SSDT.
Thanks for the response man! Let's hope @CaseyJS can weigh in.
Without SSDT patches, the card shows up in IOregistry. Without SSDT's, the drive works on a cold and a warm boot. I'm happy to refresh it with the Z390 designer firmware and use a jumper, my main goal is just to achieve working hot-plug.

I've tried a variety of different SSDTs but the one I'm running right now is the GC-Titan Ridge v1 or 2 from HackinDROM, customised with my values from IOReg (RP05). Happy to share anything that may be of value in regards to fixing the hot-plug problem!

Thanks for the response man! Let's hope @CaseyJS can weigh in.
Without SSDT patches, the card shows up in IOregistry. Without SSDT's, the drive works on a cold and a warm boot. I'm happy to refresh it with the Z390 designer firmware and use a jumper, my main goal is just to achieve working hot-plug.

I've tried a variety of different SSDTs but the one I'm running right now is the GC-Titan Ridge v1 or 2 from HackinDROM, customised with my values from IOReg (RP05). Happy to share anything that may be of value in regards to fixing the hot-plug problem!
Hello @HumerousGorgon

Let’s have a look at the following files:
  • IORegistryExplorer —> File —> Save As…
  • Thunderbolt SSDT
  • Screenshot of OpenCore Configurator —> ACPI section
Also, what is the make/model of the Thunderbolt to NVMe adapter? Is a NVMe SSD installed in the adapter (not GPU)?

Hello @HumerousGorgon

Let’s have a look at the following files:
  • IORegistryExplorer —> File —> Save As…
  • Thunderbolt SSDT
  • Screenshot of OpenCore Configurator —> ACPI section
Also, what is the make/model of the Thunderbolt to NVMe adapter? Is a NVMe SSD installed in the adapter (not GPU)?
Firstly, it's an honour; I've been following your work for years and feel humbled to be talking to you! Thank you for all your work with the Hackintosh community over the years and for giving me a hand here!

I've attached what my IORegistryExplorer looks like both with and without the SSDT that's also attached here. In the 'without' log, it shows what the system is like upon cold boot with the NVMe thunderbolt device plugged in and working. The drive is active and I can access it. The system is running on an Asus X99 Deluxe board. I'm using the GC-Titan Ridge with your NVM50 firmware flashed onto it. The SSDT is an edited GC-Titan Ridge v1 or 2 sample from HackinDROM. Interestingly enough, I have noticed that thunderbolt mounts the drive on cold or warm boot, but when I go to hot plug it can't mount the drive. The IORegistryExplorer CAN however detect the presence of a thunderbolt device when it's plugged back into either port; this is also shown in the System Information Thunderbolt panel, where it actually shows the NVMe thunderbolt adaptor.

Interestingly, when removing the hot plug SSDT, the boot log does show that only 6 ACPI tables are patched rather than the 7 that get patched with the SSDT, so it shows that the SSDT is doing something...

For reference about how the thunderbolt card is physically configured in the system, it's in the x4 slot of the motherboard and plugged into the thunderbolt header on the board. I've also attached a screenshot of my settings in the BIOS should you need it. I am aware that I may be able to get the same functionality by jumping pins 3 and 5 to force GPIO power, however experimenting with the use of both renders no extra results.

The adaptor is a Wavlink M.2 to Thunderbolt adaptor. A WD Blue SN550 1TB is installed to it. It's a small device and not installed in an eGPU enclosure.

Anything else that you need, please give me a holler. Thanks!

Attachments

• ACPI Config in ProperTree.png
    ACPI Config in ProperTree.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 77
  • iMac Pro with SSDT.ioreg
    6 MB · Views: 54
  • iMac Pro without SSDT.ioreg
    6 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1301.png
    IMG_1301.png
    12.4 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1300.png
    IMG_1300.png
    11.6 MB · Views: 72
  • SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 59
@HumerousGorgon,

Thank you for the kind words and good to see you were able to flash the GC-Titan Ridge! Although the Thunderbolt SSDT is being injected, a number of important device properties for the Thunderbolt Native Host Interface (NHI) are missing:
Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 7.59.59 AM.png

Is it possible that you're booting from the wrong EFI partition? If there are multiple boot drives, it would be good to check BIOS --> Boot to ensure that the right disk has Boot Priority 1.

I have also attached a new Thunderbolt SSDT this is a drop-in replacement for the existing one. It may also be worth switching to this.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 77
Back