Contribute
Register
Hey guys,

I have a specific question about writing a custom Thunderbolt SSDT, I hope that you could help me out please!

I attach my IOReg screenshot. My Thunderbolt paths differ quite a bit from what has been reported in the thread.

I am experiencing an issue with daisy chaining here, so I assume that I need to define all these paths correctly in the SSDT.

Am I right to assume that I should add:

External (_SB_.PCI0.GPP1, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PCI0.GPP1.PT02, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PCI0.GPP1.PT02.PT20, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PCI0.GPP1.PT02.PT20.X162, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)

Is this correct? How would I define each of these objects in this tree?

Also, is pci8086,15d2 a problem, i.e., not properly initialised?

Your help would be so much appreciated.
I can not help you create a custom SSDT but when I look at your IOreg screenshot it looks to me like the SSDT is not loaded.

If it was loaded it would look a bit more like this:
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 3.28.22 AM.png

I can not help you create a custom SSDT but when I look at your IOreg screenshot it looks to me like the SSDT is not loaded.

If it was loaded it would look a bit more like this:
View attachment 504870
Thank you Scott! Yes indeed, it isn't loaded. I assumed that I have to modify these paths first, according to what IOReg shows. I will try loading one of the SSDTs and will report back.

Thank you Scott! Yes indeed, it isn't loaded. I assumed that I have to modify these paths first, according to what IOReg shows. I will try loading one of the SSDTs and will report back.
You might try looking here at the Thunderbolt SSDT @ the following guide it might require less work:

I would guess you would need files:

SSDT-TB-HackinDROM-B550-VISION-D.aml and SSDT-DTPG.aml

You might try looking here at the Thunderbolt SSDT @ the following guide it might require less work:

I would guess you would need files:

SSDT-TB-HackinDROM-B550-VISION-D.aml and SSDT-DTPG.aml
Hi Scott,

Thank you so much for this advice. I've introduced these two SSDTs with a minor tweak (replaced DSB1 to X162), and the hotplug works! This is outstanding.

My issue with Satellites is still persistent, unfortunately (UAD plugins won't load when Satellites are attached). I will spend some time tweaking the SSDT further on as the Satellites seem to not initialise fully.

There is progress on this issue too, though. This time, I can update my UAD authorisations once after fresh restart, and I can load a single UAD plugin. If I do it again, my system crashes as previously. Interested to explore what can this be caused by.

I will work on this and will report back. If you have any broad ideas, that would be highly appreciated.

Very grateful for your help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 9.54.55 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 9.54.55 pm.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hi Scott,

Thank you so much for this advice. I've introduced these two SSDTs with a minor tweak (replaced DSB1 to X162), and the hotplug works! This is outstanding.

My issue with Satellites is still persistent, unfortunately (UAD plugins won't load when Satellites are attached). I will spend some time tweaking the SSDT further on as the Satellites seem to not initialise fully.

There is progress on this issue too, though. This time, I can update my UAD authorisations once after fresh restart, and I can load a single UAD plugin. If I do it again, my system crashes as previously. Interested to explore what can this be caused by.

I will work on this and will report back. If you have any broad ideas, that would be highly appreciated.

Very grateful for your help!

You probably need to get an external flasher and use a modified firmware to get these devices to work correctly. Make a post on the link I gave you maybe you can get some help there. The OP is very helpful.

anyone on this thread managed to get a flashed titan ridge booting with an x79-up4 consistently? some days mine starts first time others 100 restarts....

anyone on this thread managed to get a flashed titan ridge booting with an x79-up4 consistently? some days mine starts first time others 100 restarts....
What do you mean? 100 restarts maybe it is another problem, not the TB3 card. I suggest you boot in Verbose mode and when you have the issues take a picture of the error you are getting and make your own post about this problem not sure it belongs in this thread. Include information about what boot loader you are using and what version.

What do you mean? 100 restarts maybe it is another problem, not the TB3 card. I suggest you boot in Verbose mode and when you have the issues take a picture of the error you are getting and make your own post about this problem not sure it belongs in this thread. Include information about what boot loader you are using and what version.
Hi @scottkendall - Im using clover 5108 but the same is true of open core too. There is no error showing in verbose...It sometimes boots the card and sometimes doesnt. IO reg shows the card there. I was getting a kernel error to do with an audio driver which passes on a restart so I swapped PCie card slots with the audio card and the Titan Ridge, which has cured the kernel thing however Im not sure I have correctly reflected this change in the SDST as Im inexperienced in editing these, but learning more re io reg etc as I go. Ive been using TB for a number of months now. Once its on it stays on but its a lottery as to wether it boots. Everything else is ok in the build.

Hi @scottkendall - Im using clover 5108 but the same is true of open core too. There is no error showing in verbose...It sometimes boots the card and sometimes doesnt. IO reg shows the card there. I was getting a kernel error to do with an audio driver which passes on a restart so I swapped PCie card slots with the audio card and the Titan Ridge, which has cured the kernel thing however Im not sure I have correctly reflected this change in the SDST as Im inexperienced in editing these, but learning more re io reg etc as I go. Ive been using TB for a number of months now. Once its on it stays on but its a lottery as to wether it boots. Everything else is ok in the build.

Thunderbolt 3 cards work in very specific slots on the mother board. If your Motherboard does not have support for the Thunderbolt 3 card it may not work desirably.

Just a quick question - I implemented the guide for the Hotplug fix and it works great. My only remaining issue is about 50% of the time, OSX boots without recognizing my Thunderbolt UAD Apollo. A reboot fixes this 100% of the time. Not a big deal, but sometimes when I change IO routing or sample rate in Apollo's console, it will malfunction and require a system reset. I'm assuming this is because my firmware is not flashed to support the Thunderbolt Bus. Will flashing my card fix these issues? I have read somewhere that even a flashed card can require a "warm reboot"...just seeing if that is the case. Thanks!

Back