Contribute
Register
I use SSDT-Z370-TB3HP, which works great for hotplug and wake from sleep, but prevents Thunderbolt devices from being connected at boot.

Without this patch Thunderbolt devices are available at boot, can never be hotplugged, and rarely work after sleep.

Has anyone seen anything similar/know of a solution?

My full EFI is available at https://github.com/JosephDuffy/aorus-pro-wifi-z390-hack.
If the hotplug works then the SSDT works fine... I suspect it is due to an incorrect Thunderbolt configuration in the BIOS. Try to check if the settings you used are correct.

Hey guys. My Thunderbolt 3 connection works perfectly when I turn on my Universal Audio Apollo at the OpenCore or Clover boot screens. But I don't have hotswap functionality.

My thunderbolt location in IORegistryExplorer is RP05/PXSX.

How can I write an SSDT that will give me hotswap but also not effect the connecting when turning on at the boot screen?

I successfully built 15.4 on my deluxeii and 7960x, everything works fine, including sleep, I also customized the truncated usb driver, the problem now is that my Thunderbolt 3 , and during cold boot, Everything is working fine, but hotplug is not supported. I have tried all the ssdt I can find about Thunderbolt 3 hotplug, but it has no effect. This is my ioreg and my efi file. My original ssdt file, can someone help me see it,thanks!!

And my Thunderbolt device is always loaded under DSB1 and 4, and now ssdt defines xhc under DSB2, I guess whether it is related to this, so I modified my ssdt, but it did not work

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    86.6 KB · Views: 70
  • ZHDI Mac Pro.ioreg
    18.8 MB · Views: 81
  • EFI.zip
    16.6 MB · Views: 80
@LeleTuratti Thanks dude and nice work, i'll try today that SSDT patch for the T3 on the GA-X299 DESIGNARE EX, and will report back with the result. I just saw that it seems the status of the PXSX is set to Zero, then the UPSB device require a _PRW:

Objective-C:
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
    Return (GPRW (0x69, 0x04))
}

Or I'm wrong?
By now there are many SSDTs for Thunderbolt, almost all of them seem to work, in fact the key to the hotplug seems to be the "PCI-Thunderbolt One" _DSM method on PXSX.
So I don't know among all the rest what the most correct values are.

What I noticed in my new Gigabyte X299 build, is that the THB_C connector prevents MacOS from detecting the thunderbolt card if no device is connected.
If I disconnect this cable, the Thunderbolt card is detected even without any device connected at startup, but the hotplug seems not to work properly.

Currently I have the card installed in slot 4 and the THB_C cable connected, but to work and have the hotplug, I have to have a thunderbolt device connected at startup, in fact I have a THB Dock that turns on when the computer starts, fortunately.

I think the problem of not recognizing the card at startup is the "GPIO3 Force Power" setting that is missing in the Gigabyte X299 BIOS. I tried to view the hidden settings via UEFI Tool and ifrextract, but it seems that the only settings available are those already visible, or maybe I'm wrong?

@LeleTuratti Thanks dude and nice work, i'll try today that SSDT patch for the T3 on the GA-X299 DESIGNARE EX, and will report back with the result. I just saw that it seems the status of the PXSX is set to Zero, then the UPSB device require a _PRW:

Objective-C:
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
    Return (GPRW (0x69, 0x04))
}

Or I'm wrong?

Did you success HP in your MB? I have the same MB but different CPU. Still not getting HP at all..

BTW, This board was working fine Sleep/wake in Mojave but in Catalina broken that function. What about yours? Anyway fi this HP is not working properly, see/wake is useless for me.

Does anyone have a working Catalina (10.15.3) SSDT for Asus X299 Sage (base) by any chance? :)

BTW, This board was working fine Sleep/wake in Mojave but in Catalina broken that function.
Does your Gigabyte X299 have sleep/wake that works with Mojave? How?
Mine has a kernel panic during wake and unfortunately reboots the system.

Check kgps Mojave’s guide. Assuming you’re running it in slot 2 it should work.
KPG’s only working on cold boot with Catalina but no hot plug. That’s what I have but I was wondering if anyone has it adjusted for Catalina.

Does your Gigabyte X299 have sleep/wake that works with Mojave? How?
Mine has a kernel panic during wake and unfortunately reboots the system.
It was a trick by MSR lock Patch by KenelToPAtch in config. but not anymore in Catalina.

One thing I changed from Mojave to Catalina was GPU from Vega64 to RX5700XT

Please let me know when you get HP in GA X299 Designare EX board.

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 1.35.13 PM.png

Last edited:
Back