Contribute
Register
It looks like I'm one of the lucky ones but it probably has more to do with my card being Alpine Ridge. I'm keeping a close eye along with @jiffyslot on the CaseySJ thread. I'd imagine they work something out really soon. They kick ass.

One more thing. Remove OsxDetect and add back the DTPG one and try again.

FYI, the rebuild of this machine (2nd unit in my build signature) involved a lot of work to get the TB card (slot 4, Titan Ridge) working and recognized in BIOS and Windows 10. A couple weeks have gone by and now my TB card is no longer recognized in BIOS or Windows.
I have an unproven anecdote somewhere around here about BIOS rot. Or maybe the card is dead. Or the AIC bus is dying, or the MOBO itself is dying. IDK. Strange stuff. I'll also may try reinstalling the Alpine Ridge card, though I think that one only let me use one TB3 port at a time in OS X, though daisy chaining still worked.

Anyway, I'll pull everything out on Saturday and flash the BIOS. Does anyone have a preferred BIOS for the Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, Rev. 1?

FYI, the rebuild of this machine (2nd unit in my build signature) involved a lot of work to get the TB card (slot 4, Titan Ridge) working and recognized in BIOS and Windows 10. A couple weeks have gone by and now my TB card is no longer recognized in BIOS or Windows.
I have an unproven anecdote somewhere around here about BIOS rot. Or maybe the card is dead. Or the AIC bus is dying, or the MOBO itself is dying. IDK. Strange stuff. I'll also may try reinstalling the Alpine Ridge card, though I think that one only let me use one TB3 port at a time in OS X, though daisy chaining still worked.

Anyway, I'll pull everything out on Saturday and flash the BIOS. Does anyone have a preferred BIOS for the Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, Rev. 1?
If you are referring to the BIOS update, I am using Gaming 5 (IDK if this is the same for "7") F11 is the limit. I tried F12 when it first came out and it did not work. It has been a while so I do not remember what happened.

Thank you. I will give it a try when I get my hack working again.
Since this post, I have re-installed my 10.14.6 drive since the 10.15.3 was not sleeping at all, forced or automatically and I was unable to rectify the problem. 10.14.6 has auto sleep and forced sleep but it wakes automatically anywhere from 5 minutes to 1.5 hours. I have made a list of steps that I used that I will post later to see if anyone has some insights.

Have you tried this in Hackintool?

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 10.17.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 10.18.38 AM.png

If you are referring to the BIOS update, I am using Gaming 5 (IDK if this is the same for "7") F11 is the limit. I tried F12 when it first came out and it did not work. It has been a while so I do not remember what happened.

It's a different BIOS for the Ultra Gaming 7. Here's the link for the patch by @mattystonnie that I forgot about for the later BIOS updates: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-boot-hangs-after-bios-update-acpi-patch.275091/page-31

It's a different BIOS for the Ultra Gaming 7. Here's the link for the patch by @mattystonnie that I forgot about for the later BIOS updates: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-boot-hangs-after-bios-update-acpi-patch.275091/page-31
@jiffyslot - I found the patch. :crazy: Will look at that tomorrow. Enough headaches for one day (Not related to the Hack) Must get back to making Art. Now I just have to figure out how to rescue my 10.15.3 drive from "No Sleep At All"

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 5.25.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 5.25.21 PM.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 124
Re-installed 10.15.3 drive and found the fix sleep image was a problem, click the "gear tool" and it seems to have fixed that problem

Lovely!

Back