Contribute
Register
I tired that, indeed made things better in the sense that I can now connect and disconnect USB C and TB devices. But it did have the effect of causing the occasional reboot upon connection.

There is also another weird effects:
1. I have a lenovo TB3 dock, which has a TB dispaly port and some USB ports. Before the tbtforcepower and THunderBoltReset, I was not able to hotplug devices, but if I booted with the dock in place, it recognized the docks USBs (but not TB). Now, it only sees the TB and not USB. I tired looking at IOReg, and didn't find any of the USBs. Here is a picture if the dock connected to the Yoga

View attachment 438316

and the same dock connected to a real mac

View attachment 438317

2. There is no TB in the PCI controller (there used to be)

View attachment 438318

3. I tired undoing your EFI and ktex and revert back to the old method (that didn't support hotplug but had PCI and some of the other devices) so take some pictures but it didn't work. The TB dock never appeared in PCI. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel

Interesting. Hey, you should add your hardware to your profile btw. It'll help those helping you.

Shut down, unplug the dock, boot, shut down, plug in the dock then reboot and see if it returns to the normal.

This could be a bios setting issue as well. For me disabling SWI Notify On Hotplug fixed mine. Or something similar.

Interesting. Hey, you should add your hardware to your profile btw. It'll help those helping you.

Shut down, unplug the dock, boot, shut down, plug in the dock then reboot and see if it returns to the normal.

This could be a bios setting issue as well. For me disabling SWI Notify On Hotplug fixed mine. Or something similar.

OK, I can do that. Shall I try with or without your files?

@sssteve
Three things I can think of, and just an FYI I'm no expert. This is just trial and error vs my experiences.

Skip PCI Enumarion - Enable

USBmap.kext - Do you have your USB ports setup via USBinjectall and a Custom SSDT or USBmap.kext? Before I had mine mapped out I couldn't boot with USB enabled on my TB card and I narrowed it down to that.

BIOS update - I use an Asus board and there many more options under Thunderbolt. Is yours up to date?

These are just ideas to try!

OK, I can do that. Shall I try with or without your files?

Can you try this file, replace the old one, rebuild caches and permissions, reboot.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3.aml.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 133
I tired that, indeed made things better in the sense that I can now connect and disconnect USB C and TB devices. But it did have the effect of causing the occasional reboot upon connection.

There is also another weird effects:
1. I have a lenovo TB3 dock, which has a TB dispaly port and some USB ports. Before the tbtforcepower and THunderBoltReset, I was not able to hotplug devices, but if I booted with the dock in place, it recognized the docks USBs (but not TB). Now, it only sees the TB and not USB. I tired looking at IOReg, and didn't find any of the USBs. Here is a picture if the dock connected to the Yoga

View attachment 438316

and the same dock connected to a real mac

View attachment 438317

2. There is no TB in the PCI controller (there used to be)

View attachment 438318

3. I tired undoing your EFI and ktex and revert back to the old method (that didn't support hotplug but had PCI and some of the other devices) so take some pictures but it didn't work. The TB dock never appeared in PCI. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel
Your SSDT is not correctly pointing to the right ACPI paths. You have to edit it to point to PCI0.RP09.PXSX.

Tired that. Still no PCI controllers. Any ideas?

What laptop or specs do you have? Can you add it to your profile?

Also, send over your EFI and IOReg.

Back