Contribute
Register
Hi alvindarkness thank you for your detailed information and help.
I´m using mac os mojave and my profile is 18.1.
My bios have exact the same settings as yours,
Installed SSDT-Z370-TB3HP.aml (which seems to have strings for alpine ridge in it, so it comes up as alpine ridge in system profiler), and SSDT-DTPG in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

Looking at your attacth

You have 3 ssdt. I think you put this on mounted efi partition inside /
EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

I have to try run multibeast and change the profile to 18,3 for test if it works.
The only thunderbolt device I use is one Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre.

Last edited:
Hi. I have update profile with multibeast latest version for Mac 18,3.
But Thunderbolt hot Plug not work.

IF i unplug

Last edited:
In IOReg our thunderbolt's look pretty similar, except I notice you have an older NVM. Have you installed the latest Titan Ridge driver (17.4.77.400 from gigabytes website) in windows in order to update the firmware?

ioreg_thunder.jpeg

Here is my IOreg during an unplug and replug. The unplug looks similar enough to yours.

ioreg_hotswap.jpeg

I'm honestly not sure what else to explore, hopefully someone more knowledgable steps in. Out of interest are you in Mojave or High Sierra?

Hi alvindarkness
I use mojave !
And my thunderbolt device is one GC ALPINE RIDGE 2.0 not the TITAN Ridge.
The NVMe I think is because I use 2 NVMe ssd drives 2 Corsair 960gb MP510, one for windows and other for Mac.

One important thing or not, I not refer is I have to use apple original thunderbolt adapter from TB3 to TB2 for connect my focusrite.

Curious you told "old NVMe" any new NVME? Because I see the speed drive on windows is faster than in Mac.

@Edkroket Did you sucess to work the hotplug on your X299 Designare ?

Thank you

Hi alvindarkness
I use mojave !
And my thunderbolt device is one GC ALPINE RIDGE 2.0 not the TITAN Ridge.
The NVMe I think is because I use 2 NVMe ssd drives 2 Corsair 960gb MP510, one for windows and other for Mac.

One important thing or not, I not refer is I have to use apple original thunderbolt adapter from TB3 to TB2 for connect my focusrite.

Curious you told "old NVMe" any new NVME? Because I see the speed drive on windows is faster than in Mac.

No I meant NVM, as in the Thunderbolt NVM, because mine was on 35 (0x23), while yours was on 32 (0x20). But I didnt realise you had Alpine Ridge so my mistake. I've only used the GC-TitanRidge (and briefly at that, just lucky it worked first go), no experience with Alpine Ridge. Hopefully someone with more knowledge finds a solution.

But I am running High Sierra, and am curious to see if Mojave still hotswaps in my set up, so I might try that later this week.

For many Gigabyte user with 300_Series chipsets, the hotplug now works perfectly!
Seems that the TB hotplug is BIOS-dependent.

Hey Folks. So I have the Gigabyte Z370 AOURUS gaming 7 motherboard (not ultra), that is already flashed to BIOS F7. I checked on the GIGABYTE website and F7 matches the description you specify. I have the alpine ridge THB card but I cannot get THB to appear in my system report despite enbling it in the BIOS. I opened up the SSDT file and changed the ACPI path using IO registry explorer but with no luck. Any Suggestions? Do I need to insall windows and boot that to install drivers? I was hoping that I didn't have to.

Sorry for the stupid questions - I'm a beginner:

Do include the SSDT-DTPG.aml file in EFI/clover/ACPI/patched?
If so, do I need to include them in sorted order under Acpi in clover?
I already have one SSDT file in place that fixed my USB 3 speeds (they were running at USB2 speeds before)
Ever since I added the SSDT patches from here I have lost internet access, although ethernet still shows as connected in system preferences

I'm running Mojave. Thanks in advance for your help

I just got a GC-Titan ridge and installed it on a Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (v1.0) board using F13 bios. Unexpectedly TB3 works perfectly fine in macOS (High Sierra - 10.13.6), including hotswapping. The only thunderbolt device I have is a UAD Arrow, but I can unplug it and plug it back in (even change ports) and it comes up every time in mac. USB 3.1 devices also work fine and hot swap without issue on the titan ridge TB3 ports. Sleep also works fine.

No idea what I've done differently to those that dont have hotswapping. But as a run down, I have the THB_C cable attached, also the F_USB attached (but I'm pretty sure that particular USB header used doesnt have port entries in my usb-ssdt, I can check on that later). I installed the 17.4.77.400 thunderbolt drivers (from Gigabytes site) in Windows 10, which updated the titan ridge firmware. Installed SSDT-Z370-TB3HP.aml (which seems to have strings for alpine ridge in it, so it comes up as alpine ridge in system profiler), and SSDT-DTPG. Then changed bios settings as per the photo below (this was the biggest change, it didnt work in mac at all before that). Been using profile iMac18,3 the entire time.

Hopefully it helps someone with an Aorus Gaming 3 F13 + GC-TitanRidge setup.

View attachment 410998

FYI, there's no power switch on the UAD Arrow. Has anyone tried this on a UAD device with a power switch? Power on/off/on is the "hotplug" that I seek.

SSDT V3 works well only with external PCI-TB card, because only with these you can remove the THB_C cable

I'm happy to hear this!
Maybe the problem is due to the SMBIOS. I do not know if the iMac14,2 fully supports TB3. Try iMac 18,3
Why isn't to remove THB_C cable updated in #1 post?

Back