Contribute
Register
If you remove the SSDT, your IOREG show the original paths.
PXSX is the original path that needs to be renamed > The SSDT renames PXSX to UPSB.

Your IOREG is correct, the tunderbolt is implemented correctly.
If the hotplug does not work, check that your BIOS is configured correctly.
Do some tests, disable the ERP in the BIOS, disconnect and reconnect the thunderbolt device, etc
@LeleTuratti, ERP is disabled, I checked it, BIOS thunderbolt settings is like at screen in post #1 (boot once, all enabled except two security lines), when I first start windows and restart to Mac, then Mac see's thunderbolt SSD Drive, but when I doing hot swap, ssd not comes back to my Mac in list of drives available. may be you need to see my config plist or I need to add something to arbitrary?

I attached two sys info screens and my bios settings.
First screen where ssd thunderbolt boots with the system, second - where I inject it and plug again (nothing added)
all other screenshots is my bios settings. If anybody else could run thunderbolt hot swap it means that it possible, then I need to know, what else I'm doing wrong? this is clean new High Sierra system.
I also installed clean Mojave 10.14 on second drive, in clean Mojave situation it the same...

may be something wrong in my config.plist or EFI folder? All other USB ports are works for me (I used most of them).

Attachments

• iMac 2019-03-14 17-10-51.png
    iMac 2019-03-14 17-10-51.png
    334.7 KB · Views: 238
  • iMac 2019-03-14 17-12-26.png
    iMac 2019-03-14 17-12-26.png
    310 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_4903.jpg
    IMG_4903.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4904.jpg
    IMG_4904.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_4905.jpg
    IMG_4905.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_4906.jpg
    IMG_4906.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4907.jpg
    IMG_4907.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_4908.jpg
    IMG_4908.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_4909.jpg
    IMG_4909.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_4910.jpg
    IMG_4910.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 224
@LeleTuratti, could you help me with ssdt ? I read posts before in this topic and find a post #404 in page 41. I Used F7 bios as said in post #404 and download ssdt from @kgp from post #1 as said in post #404 (DOWNLOAD SSDT-Z370-THB3HP). then I download MaciASL and change RP05 to RP21 as said in post#404 (because GB Gaming 7 used RP21), saved it and copied two aml files to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

My changed to RP21 by MaciASL AML Files in attachment in this post. After reboot in clover I cleared nvram using f11 key and i have DSB0 in ioreg, instead of PSPX (see screen in attachments) and Thunderbolt devices in PCI tab in sys info, but hot swap doesn't works for me. What I'm doing wrong?

P.S. of course, when I didn't copy any aml files in patched folder, I see PSPX and nothing in PCI tab in system information.

Just a short feedback also from my side. Following your IOREG screen shot, the TB-SSDT seems properly implemented on your system after your adaptations. No idea which TB adapter you actually employ, though. If you use a GC-Alpine Ridge, did you try to remove the THB_C for enabling Hotplug on your Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7? Else you could discuss TB related BIOS settings with users of the same motherboard.

BTW.. DSB0 does not replace PXSX for your motherboard and slot configuration, but UPSB does as also implemented in. your SSDT!

Good luck in any case,

KGP

Last edited:
##########################################################################
# Testing Hardware
# SLOT 4 (PC01.BR1A)
# -Titan Ridge (Header connected) No/Yes bios Link
# -Port right (DBS1)
-Ethernet AQC107 >OK
# -Port left (DBS1)
# -Core X - Radeon VII > Detected_Not_Loaded
# IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PC01@0/AppleACPIPCI/BR1A@0/IOPP/UPSB@0/IOPP/DSB4@4/IOPP/UPS0@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@1/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/display@0/ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@0/AMDFramebufferVega10/AGPM

#
#
# SLOT 6 (PC03.BR3A/B)
# -Alpine Ridge (Header not connected) bios Link > NOT DETECTED
#=========================================================================
# SLOT 4 (PC01.BR1A)
# -Titan Ridge (Header NO connected) No bios Link
# -Port right (DBS1)
# -Core X - Radeon VII > NOt Detected_Not_Loaded (Bios Link? Not necessary )
# -Port left (empty)
#
#
# SLOT 6 (PC03.BR3A/B)
# -Alpine Ridge (Header connected) bios Link necessary > DETECTED & Loaded
# Port (SLOA)(tree generated OOB-No aml)
# -Ethernet AQC107 >OK
# SLOT 4 (PC01.BR1A)
# -Titan Ridge (Header NO connected) No bios Link
# -Port right (DBS1)
-Ethernet AQC107 NOt Detected_Not_Loaded
# -Port left (empty)
#
#
# SLOT 6 (PC03.BR3A/B)
# -Alpine Ridge (Header connected) bios Link necessary > DETECTED & Loaded
# Port (SLOA)(tree generated OOB-No aml)
# -Core X - Radeon VII > Detected & Loaded

# SLOT 4 (PC01.BR1A)
# -Alpine Ridge (Header connected) No/Yes bios Link
# -Port (DBS1)
# -Core X - Radeon VII > Detected_Not_Loaded
# IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PC01@0/AppleACPIPCI/BR1A@0/IOPP/UPSB@0/IOPP/DSB1@1/IOPP/UPS0@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@1/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/display@0/ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@0/AMDFramebufferVega10/AGPM
#

# All devices connected to Alpine ridge detected & loaded if Header connected.
# Titan ridge do not need header, but no discover devices

##########################################################################

Similar config & result in Hackintosh iMac Pro over Alpine Ridge & MacBook Pro 2018 over TB3 (above 41.000 Luxmark)

Attachments

• ETH_BR3B_OK.ioreg
    6.8 MB · Views: 146
  • GPU_BR3B_OK.ioreg
    7.2 MB · Views: 190
  • iMac Pro TB3 EX GPU-TR XHCI.ioreg
    8.3 MB · Views: 228
  • iMac Pro TH3_ETH-ok_GPU-no.ioreg
    7 MB · Views: 195
Have anyone tried using eGPU on NUC8i7BEH? It works on mine but not really stable (causing black screen and reboots). Let me know if you need more info, thanks!

I am currently trying to get TB3 hotplug working on my T480S (ioreg files comparing between my T480S with and without TB3-patch to my MacBook Pro 2017 with eGPU connected is attached to this thread:

Hotplug in general works like charm already, using this guide. Even my RX580 is detected in the IOREG explorer but Driver Loaded says: No - just like at @juantrix 's screen

However, without the hotplug patch being involved, the eGPU is detected and works out of the box, unless it was plugged in before boot - but the laptop crashes, as soon as I dare to unplug the eGPU (without patch, the GPU is mounted via PXSX, as "internal-X", instead of DSB and the "external-X").

Maybe, my ioreg files can contribute to bring the special case of eGPU hotplugging a bit further. I constantly try improving my knowledge on ACPI patching - However I am currently lacking time and find myself somehow stuck in the process.

Best, Phil

Got my hotplug working with new SSDT files! Just made sure to change my enumeration settings to Native and my hotplug is working like a charm!
Hi @svbailey. Could you elaborate a bit more for me?

What new SSDT Files?

What do you mean when you say you changed your "enumeration settings to Native", in what file?

Is this on an Alpine or Titan Ridge TB3?

What device are you hot-plugging?

Sorry for all the Q's.

Hi @svbailey. Could you elaborate a bit more for me?

What new SSDT Files?

What do you mean when you say you changed your "enumeration settings to Native", in what file?

Is this on an Alpine or Titan Ridge TB3?

What device are you hot-plugging?

Sorry for all the Q's.
No problem I was so excited I forgot to elaborate lol. The SSDT files I am referring to are for Gigabyte 300 Series boards which are mentioned in post #1, I have a Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 board, I changed my TB enumeration settings in the bios under Peripherals-Thunderbolt Configuration-Thunderbolt Enumeration Mode-I changed from Legacy to Native. I am using an Alpine Ridge PCIE card and for now I am hot-plugging a Thunderbolt 2 drive I have connected via an Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter.

No problem I was so excited I forgot to elaborate lol. The SSDT files I am referring to are for Gigabyte 300 Series boards which are mentioned in post #1, I have a Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 board, I changed my TB enumeration settings in the bios under Peripherals-Thunderbolt Configuration-Thunderbolt Enumeration Mode-I changed from Legacy to Native. I am using an Alpine Ridge PCIE card and for now I am hot-plugging a Thunderbolt 2 drive I have connected via an Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter.
Thank for that. I'll have a look at this later today time permitting. I have both Alpine & Titan cards. My 'holy grail' is for my eGPU (Razer Core X) with either of my GPU's (Vega 64 LQ, RX 580) to be recognised.

ATM, it's not a big deal as I can use both of them under Linux using Blender, but Blender has stopped supporting openCL on the macOS because Apple has dropped the ball on openCL and is pushing Vulkan or Metal.

I believe Blender will be looking at supporting Vulkan in the not to distant future after they release Blender 2.80 in June. Hopefully then I will have all of my eggs in one basket and won't have to dual boot.

Hi folks, any progress for the z170x ud5 th?
I need to connect an external usb-c tb3 drive enclosure.
I tried every ssdt and now I can see the drive if I keep it connected since boot, but no hotplug and it disconnects after sleep/wake up.
Someone in another thread suggested to wipe out any kext related to tb in s/l/e, but I’m a bit scared of it.
Thanks!
Alex

Back