Contribute
Register
Out of curiosity, has anyone with a non-X299 system with an AIC tried using it in x16 slot 2 (dropping the graphics card to x8) but putting the TB Card on the cpu lanes to see if that enables hot swap?

Thinking of trying it with an x370 build (if I win an 8086K that is ;) )
Tested with 8x slot (PCH lanes) some time ago without success, the TB card is not seen by the system

Because I did not remove the video card, and the 16 lines of the CPU were busy.
If I remember correctly, someone had tried in the past, but in chipsets different from X299 the PCI-TB card only works in the slot designated for it (4x)

I've a Gigabyte Designarex x299 with built-in thunderbolt3. Actually i use an external hdd tb2 with a tb2 to tb3 adapter. I tried ssdt 1 and 2 but the disk disappear in osx. With ssdt 3 i've the icon and drive working hot plug doesnt work.Acpi path is the same as in the op PCI0 and RP05.
Any suggestione?

Hi all,
With my Z170X UD5 TH system I can use the onboard USB C-TB3 with TB2 adapter (Lexar pro TB2 hub) but when I shut down the system, after 3-4 second, it reboots. I tried all the ssd with no luck.
Thanks!
A.

Hi all,
With my Z170X UD5 TH system I can use the onboard USB C-TB3 with TB2 adapter (Lexar pro TB2 hub) but when I shut down the system, after 3-4 second, it reboots. I tried all the ssd with no luck.
Thanks!
A.

do you have Fix Shutdown enabled in Clover?

Yes. Tried also to turn it off but with no changes. When the TB cable is connected the system reboots. If I unplug the TB cable the system turns off normally.

do you have Fix Shutdown enabled in Clover?

Hi all,

build in signature with the add of an Asus TH EX3 card. I tried both the SSDT type 1 and type 2 with success (with the necessary mods for my ACPI tree) , and without the TH cable attached I got a sort of hot-plug functionality ... but since I adopted the SSDT-TH3 ... I got a system reset every time the machine goes to sleep, no matter how long it is (sleep/stand by/hibernation).

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 00.30.02.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 00.42.21.png
Any hints?

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3.aml
    2.3 KB · Views: 165
None of the proposed SSDT's work for me without issues. They fix up some pcie functions, but none is complete, there's no tb networking and they all have unwanted side effects for my Z170X...

Back