Contribute
Register
Great! Now in PCI info you can see the Alpine Ridge!
However, we also see the entry that corresponds to the USB 3.1 that is present in the Asus cards but not in the Gigabyte ones, probably it is a part of the old code.
2018-04-05 at 18.26.28.png

However, we also see the entry that corresponds to the USB 3.1 that is present in the Asus cards but not in the Gigabyte ones, probably it is a part of the old code.
View attachment 323303

Yeah I haven't matched the hardware for that part yet. I updated some of the USB stuff but not all of it, more focused on TB3...

View attachment 323303

Also, FWIW in windows the TB3 controller shows up at 9:0:0 but it doesn't show up at all in the clover boot log.

On my hack, I only see the USB-C stuff on the PCI page. No sign of my Startech TB3-TB2 adapter(with no device attached as I don't have a TB device at the moment)

On my hack, I only see the USB-C stuff on the PCI page. No sign of my Startech TB3-TB2 adapter(with no device attached as I don't have a TB device at the moment)

Yeah it doesn't seem to populate unless you have a TB device attached. (I also have the Startech adaptor :) )

More detail about TB ORI iMac 18.3 Device Properties.plist
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>TBTDPLowToHigh</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

<key>TBTFlags</key>

<data>

AwAAAA==

</data>

<key>ThunderboltConfig</key>

<data>

AAL//wwABwEBAAoABwECAAsABwEBAA0ABwECAAEAAgA=

</data>

<key>ThunderboltDROM</key>

<data>

OgA5+qDTIgEACptg+gFeAAEADAABAAiBgAKAAAAACIKQAYAAAAAIg4AEgAEA

AAiEkAOAAQAACIUAAAAAAAADhiADh4ACyAWJUAAABYpQAAACyw0BQXBwbGUg

SW5jLgAMAk1hY2ludG9zaAA=

</data>

<key>ThunderboltUUID</key>

<data>

8Zq84L9o/F2Q6nxl3djhXw==

</data>

<key>linkDetails</key>

<data>

CAAAAAMAAAA=

</data>

<key>pathcr</key>

<data>

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAcAEAAQAAUAAAAAAAAAAAAHABAAEAABAAAABQAOAA4AAAAA

AAAAAgAAAAAAAAAAAAIAAgABAAMAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAIAAQA=

</data>

<key>sscOffset</key>

<data>

AAc=

</data>

</dict>

So one important (possibly crucial) difference between an Add-In card and a built-in card is the PCI address.
On a real iMac 18,3 you get the UPSB device at 5:0:0. With an Add in card you get something similar (4:0:0, 6:0:0, etc). The Alpine Ridge controller built into the Z170x-UD5 TH shows up at 65:0:0, and there may be some issue in addressing it as an arbitrary device in clover? I'm not sure. It would be interesting to see what happens with a gigabyte board and a gigabyte add-in card.

The arbitrary device in clover I'm talking about is in section C.14 of @kgp 's guide here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/

I have a GA Z270 with GA Alpine Ridge card... if I can be of any help please feel free to ask...

I have a GA Z270 with GA Alpine Ridge card... if I can be of any help please feel free to ask...

Try my kext with this clover hotpatch:
(note, you'll have to replace the PciADDr value with the address your card is assigned, which should be visible in the clover boot log) (screengrab credit to @kgp)
TB-HotPlug.png

Edit: I said kext but I meant SSDT. SSDT-C-TB3.aml from earlier in the thread.

Last edited:
Try my kext with this clover hotpatch:
(note, you'll have to replace the PciADDr value with the address your card is assigned, which should be visible in the clover boot log) (screengrab credit to @kgp)
View attachment 323762

Edit: I said kext but I meant SSDT. SSDT-C-TB3.aml from earlier in the thread.

So, for a Z170x-ud5-th this PCIaddr would be 13:00:00, if I understand IORegistryExplorer correctly? I don't see any relevant info in the clover boot log... I've been reading up on the kgp thread, but it's a bit much and full with non-related info...
If I combine the adapted clover hotpatch with your SSDT-C-TB3 I can hotplug and sleep properly? Can I have a look at your culled config.plist?

Back