Contribute
Register
Thunderbolt info is in the SSDT-5.dsl.
With this information is it possible to create an SSDT for Alpine Ridge? If so, who could have the skills?
I noticed that the iMac 17,1 uses pci paths very similar to ours

I'm glad it works with monitors too!
I mean no need anyfiles for Ultrafine 5k TH3 monitor connecting. But no functions after sleep/wake still.

I Just Installed GC-Alpine Ridge on Gigabyte z270x Soc Gaming...the device not recognised on DPCI Manager... Then I Plugged My Rugged USB Thunderbolt to GC Alpine Ridge, system recognized it. but under USB Section, not thunderbolt. And also I Installed @LeleTuratti SSDT to my hack. nothing works.
How to fix this ?
thanks you so much

I Attached my IOREG and config.plist. hope this help

Attachments

• new folder.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 229
I have a QNAP NAS with TB3 ports on loan for testing. On my MBP, I can connect to the QNAP and copy files at breakneck speed via TB.
On my hack, the QNAP isn't seen at all in OSX. It works in Windows by installing extra software.

It would be great if someone could figure out a workable solution with hot plug/swap and network over TB...

I don't have the time nor the skills for this.

I Just Installed GC-Alpine Ridge on Gigabyte z270x Soc Gaming...the device not recognised on DPCI Manager... Then I Plugged My Rugged USB Thunderbolt to GC Alpine Ridge, system recognized it. but under USB Section, not thunderbolt. And also I Installed @LeleTuratti SSDT to my hack. nothing works.
If it works, what is the problem? :think:
Currently the only way to make thunderbolt devices work on Alpine Ridge is that they are connected and turned on before booting.

ps. We have opened this thread to solve the hotplug problem, for the functioning, installation and other similar problems, there is a section dedicated to Alpine Ridge

Last edited:
If it works, what is the problem? :think:
Currently the only way to make thunderbolt devices work on Alpine Ridge is that they are connected and turned on before booting.

ps. We have opened this thread to solve the hotplug problem, for the functioning, installation and other similar problems, there is a section dedicated to Alpine Ridge

there is the problem @LeleTuratti I have to plug my LaCie Rugged to GC Alpine Ridge to make it work before booting. I mean is that normal ?

thank you

Yes, it's normal, the hotplug currently does not work. The biggest goal so far, is that the devices are recognized after sleep, something that has not happened before.
Everything is reported in the first post

Back