Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming M
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I use these files but you should customize it for your system using the following guide:

I just kept using my existing SSDT files and they seem to work fine.

This DesignareNVM 33 firmware does work way better than the Titan Ridge NVM23 I had used before. I wish I had tried it 6 months ago. With my Apple TB display I have only had one occurrence of it not waking back up from sleep. It would probably have been 10 times by now with the old firmware. It also stays on during a reboot which it maybe would stay on 50% of the time with the NVM23. Sleep seems to be working fine too. I don't think I would have ever tried it without reading your posts. Thanks @scottkendall !

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just kept using my existing SSDT files and they seem to work fine.

This DesignareNVM 33 firmware does work way better than the Titan Ridge NVM23 I had used before. I wish I had tried it 6 months ago. With my Apple TB display I have only had one occurrence of it not waking back up from sleep. It would probably have been 10 times by now with the old firmware. It also stays on during a reboot which it maybe would stay on 50% of the time with the NVM23. Sleep seems to be working fine too. I don't think I would have ever tried it without reading your posts. Thanks @scottkendall !
Great to hear sometimes my third display does not wake up also it is connected from USB-C on the Thunderbolt to an HDMI. However, If I just unplug it and plug it back in it comes right on. I am not really sure what causes it only that it happens from time to time. I am not really sure why the NVM23 and 50 do not work as well as the NVM33 but it does.

Motherboard
Asus TUF B550-Plus
CPU
Ryzen 5 5600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

I have a specific question about writing a custom Thunderbolt SSDT, I hope that you could help me out please!

I attach my IOReg screenshot. My Thunderbolt paths differ quite a bit from what has been reported in the thread.

I am experiencing an issue with daisy chaining here, so I assume that I need to define all these paths correctly in the SSDT.

Am I right to assume that I should add:

External (_SB_.PCI0.GPP1, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PCI0.GPP1.PT02, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PCI0.GPP1.PT02.PT20, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PCI0.GPP1.PT02.PT20.X162, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)

Is this correct? How would I define each of these objects in this tree?

Also, is pci8086,15d2 a problem, i.e., not properly initialised?

Your help would be so much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 8.30.05 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 8.30.05 pm.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 16
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I have a specific question about writing a custom Thunderbolt SSDT, I hope that you could help me out please!

I attach my IOReg screenshot. My Thunderbolt paths differ quite a bit from what has been reported in the thread.

I am experiencing an issue with daisy chaining here, so I assume that I need to define all these paths correctly in the SSDT.

Am I right to assume that I should add:

External (_SB_.PCI0.GPP1, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PCI0.GPP1.PT02, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PCI0.GPP1.PT02.PT20, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PCI0.GPP1.PT02.PT20.X162, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)

Is this correct? How would I define each of these objects in this tree?

Also, is pci8086,15d2 a problem, i.e., not properly initialised?

Your help would be so much appreciated.
I can not help you create a custom SSDT but when I look at your IOreg screenshot it looks to me like the SSDT is not loaded.

If it was loaded it would look a bit more like this:
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 3.28.22 AM.png

Motherboard
Asus TUF B550-Plus
CPU
Ryzen 5 5600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I can not help you create a custom SSDT but when I look at your IOreg screenshot it looks to me like the SSDT is not loaded.

If it was loaded it would look a bit more like this:
View attachment 504870
Thank you Scott! Yes indeed, it isn't loaded. I assumed that I have to modify these paths first, according to what IOReg shows. I will try loading one of the SSDTs and will report back.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you Scott! Yes indeed, it isn't loaded. I assumed that I have to modify these paths first, according to what IOReg shows. I will try loading one of the SSDTs and will report back.
You might try looking here at the Thunderbolt SSDT @ the following guide it might require less work:

I would guess you would need files:

SSDT-TB-HackinDROM-B550-VISION-D.aml and SSDT-DTPG.aml

Motherboard
Asus TUF B550-Plus
CPU
Ryzen 5 5600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
You might try looking here at the Thunderbolt SSDT @ the following guide it might require less work:

I would guess you would need files:

SSDT-TB-HackinDROM-B550-VISION-D.aml and SSDT-DTPG.aml
Hi Scott,

Thank you so much for this advice. I've introduced these two SSDTs with a minor tweak (replaced DSB1 to X162), and the hotplug works! This is outstanding.

My issue with Satellites is still persistent, unfortunately (UAD plugins won't load when Satellites are attached). I will spend some time tweaking the SSDT further on as the Satellites seem to not initialise fully.

There is progress on this issue too, though. This time, I can update my UAD authorisations once after fresh restart, and I can load a single UAD plugin. If I do it again, my system crashes as previously. Interested to explore what can this be caused by.

I will work on this and will report back. If you have any broad ideas, that would be highly appreciated.

Very grateful for your help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 9.54.55 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 9.54.55 pm.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Scott,

Thank you so much for this advice. I've introduced these two SSDTs with a minor tweak (replaced DSB1 to X162), and the hotplug works! This is outstanding.

My issue with Satellites is still persistent, unfortunately (UAD plugins won't load when Satellites are attached). I will spend some time tweaking the SSDT further on as the Satellites seem to not initialise fully.

There is progress on this issue too, though. This time, I can update my UAD authorisations once after fresh restart, and I can load a single UAD plugin. If I do it again, my system crashes as previously. Interested to explore what can this be caused by.

I will work on this and will report back. If you have any broad ideas, that would be highly appreciated.

Very grateful for your help!

You probably need to get an external flasher and use a modified firmware to get these devices to work correctly. Make a post on the link I gave you maybe you can get some help there. The OP is very helpful.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X79-UP4
CPU
i7-3930
Graphics
WX4100
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
anyone on this thread managed to get a flashed titan ridge booting with an x79-up4 consistently? some days mine starts first time others 100 restarts....

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
anyone on this thread managed to get a flashed titan ridge booting with an x79-up4 consistently? some days mine starts first time others 100 restarts....
What do you mean? 100 restarts maybe it is another problem, not the TB3 card. I suggest you boot in Verbose mode and when you have the issues take a picture of the error you are getting and make your own post about this problem not sure it belongs in this thread. Include information about what boot loader you are using and what version.