I5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@sssteve

BIOS update - I use an Asus board and there many more options under Thunderbolt. Is yours up to date?
The Gigabyte board has almost no setting for TB unless you are using like F7 I rolled back to that bios and bought an Alpine ridge for testing purposes. F11 is the first bios for Gigabyte that supports the Titan ridge but they removed a lot of settings. I am wondering if there is an unlocked version of the bios that has more settings I did a search but I was not able to locate on in the time I had to dedicate to it.

Hi All, Sorry for being slow, hectic at work.

Your SSDT is not correctly pointing to the right ACPI paths. You have to edit it to point to PCI0.RP09.PXSX.
What laptop or specs do you have? Can you add it to your profile?

Also, send over your EFI and IOReg.
I'm using a Thinkpad X1 Yoga, 2nd Gen. i7-7600U, 8GB of RAM, FHD Panel. See IOReg and EFI attched. I think they are pointing to the right location. Namely RP09.

I'm trying to figure out how to add this to my profile.

So that’s the problem no PCI in system info?
So right now I'm getting PCI info and USB-C hotplug / unplug. The IOReg attached is with a lenovo TB3 dock plugged in. However, as soon as I connect a display to the DP port, the machine restarts. When I let it boot, no signal is on the display. When I unplug the display, it restarts again. When the dock does not have any displays attached, I can plug and unplug at will without any issues. That said, this is the state for today. Yesterday I played with it and the displays were working sometimes, but the USBs on the dock were not. I'm not sure what is going on. Any help?

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7
Graphics
Vega 64
The Gigabyte board has almost no setting for TB unless you are using like F7 I rolled back to that bios and bought an Alpine ridge for testing purposes. F11 is the first bios for Gigabyte that supports the Titan ridge but they removed a lot of settings. I am wondering if there is an unlocked version of the bios that has more settings I did a search but I was not able to locate on in the time I had to dedicate to it.
Unfortunately I am on f22a, and there isn't much I can customize on the Thunderbolt session.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Unfortunately I am on f22a, and there isn't much I can customize on the Thunderbolt session.
That is pretty much what I was saying. Gigabyte boards have very few TB settings.

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630, RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi All, Sorry for being slow, hectic at work.

I'm using a Thinkpad X1 Yoga, 2nd Gen. i7-7600U, 8GB of RAM, FHD Panel. See IOReg and EFI attched. I think they are pointing to the right location. Namely RP09.

I'm trying to figure out how to add this to my profile.

So right now I'm getting PCI info and USB-C hotplug / unplug. The IOReg attached is with a lenovo TB3 dock plugged in. However, as soon as I connect a display to the DP port, the machine restarts. When I let it boot, no signal is on the display. When I unplug the display, it restarts again. When the dock does not have any displays attached, I can plug and unplug at will without any issues. That said, this is the state for today. Yesterday I played with it and the displays were working sometimes, but the USBs on the dock were not. I'm not sure what is going on. Any help?
I think that you are using an old thunderbolt SSDT-TB3.aml Try the one from KGP. Yours is I believe outdated. You can see in the system info that your USB posts are still not defined correctly. You have to edit it also. After that try the ThunderboltReset.kext and ForcePower.efi.

beelzebozo

Super Moderator
Motherboard
Main Build: ASUS z170-Deluxe
CPU
i7 - 6700K
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
It's worth a shot for anyone having issues if using an iMac smbios, to set primary display to GPU and enable Multi-Monitor if possible in the BIOS. I upgraded to macOS Catalina and since I was initially having power management issues after that, I had reset my BIOS settings to default and started to set my Thunderbolt settings back to how they were. For macOS High Sierra, I had GPU is my primary display with Multi-Monitor support enabled but didn't set it like that for macOS Catalina; the BIOS reset to default settings set primary display back to Auto. I reverted those two settings and Hot-Plug works once again.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega vii
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
eMac, iMac, Performa, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ive been in a success thread based on my 8700k Gigabyte z370 gaming 7 with Alpine Ridge TB3 card but haven't gotten a response there so continued to look and found this.. Can anyone tell me if Im close? or better yet what I need ? here's the other posting it wouldn't let me repost here kept getting an error The system in question is posting this LOL https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-gigabyte-z370-gaming-7-intel-core-i7-8700k-rx-580-2x-dell-p2715q-4k-60hz.252989/page-188#post-2049674

Attachments

Motherboard
Razer Blade Stealth
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, is there anyone solved HP for X299 DesignareEx? Mine is working HP for Port#1 but not for #2. And Port#1 is working once HP but when I re do Hop swap, port#1 loses HP as well.