Contribute
Register
Hm. USB-C is a mess with V2, computer starts up when I switch my external USB3 drive off(?), all gear on USB-C port is recognized as USB2 only...

For now, I removed all TB related stuff. All the SSDT's I've tried over the last couple of weeks cause problems and weird side-effects. I prefer stability. Not having proper sleep and hot swap is not a showstopper, only an inconvenience.

For now When I shutdown restart automatically.
Press Sleep button get wake up sudden.
If anyone have this issue?

HI@.LeleTuratti
DSB0 Thunderbolt 3 port 1
DSB1
DSB2
DSB3
DSB4
Which one is xhc type c 3.1?
Which is HDMI?
Which is MiniDisplayPort?
please explain each port from this image
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 5.14.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 5.14.43 PM.png
    344.3 KB · Views: 147
HI@.LeleTuratti
DSB0 Thunderbolt 3 port 1
DSB1
DSB2
DSB3
DSB4
Which one is xhc type c 3.1?
Which is HDMI?
Which is MiniDisplayPort?
please explain each port from this image
Thank you.
If I'm not wrong:
DSB0 > NHI TB Controller
DSB1 > TB port 1
DSB2 > XHC Controller
DSB4 > TB port 2
Mini DP are video input only, for share the video throgh TB port and HDMI.
See the manual:
C84A3937-F90B-4687-8518-802CCD7B836A.jpeg

Thought I'd update on my end!

The 04/26/2018 version of TB3 V2 from the first post of this thread really helps a lot of USB 3.1 issues on my ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming ITX/ac mobo. There's a single USB 3.1/Thunderbolt 3 port directly on the mobo, and with the TB3 V2 SSDT put into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/ACPI/patched, I'm able to hotplug USB 3.1 hard drives, and they reconnect after Sleep. They are not properly ejected and disconnected prior to sleep however -- it's as if you just pulled the drive out of the socket.

USB 3.1 audio interfaces (including any USB audio interfaces converted to Type-C) will also hotplug, and will disconnect and reconnect when the computer is put to Sleep. Thunderbolt audio interfaces will work when plugged in prior to boot, but will not work if ever unplugged thereafter, or if the computer is put to Sleep.

Progress nonetheless! USB 3.1 now works mostly as expected at least... only specifically Thunderbolt 3 devices that still only works on cold boot.

Thanks to everyone, especially @LeleTuratti for keeping this project going!
Cheers

Hi All
Please help how to fix shut down
Thank you

Back