i5-7600
Graphics
RX 550
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody,

EDIT : I successfully built that Hackintosh and everything seems to work fine except audio + I have some slowness after waking up the machine from sleep. I plan to edit that post to make "success guide" for people struggling with Z270 MSI MB + GTX 1060 Graphic card.

--- Old post start here ---

I'm reading the tonymacx86 forums and other Hackintosh blogs since a couple of days. I recently built a computer with MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon Mother Board + i5 7600 + MSI GeForce 1060 3G.

By combining many tutorials, I managed to install macOS Sierra. I used UniBeast and could boot on macOS Sierra. But then :
1. I have problems with my display (resolution is not the good one working in 13xx instead of 1920x1080), so I supposed that's because I did not install the NVIDIA Web Drivers, so I've done it (and modifying Clover config.plist for NVIDIA Web Drivers) :)
2. I used Multibeast after installation.
But after those changes, I was not able to boot again. I mainly follow this tutorial : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-series-board-with-kabylake-processor.218494/

I already tried 3 times to install macOS Sierra, and each time, same result : I'm able to boot macOS Sierra with poor displaying then I tried to fix that and go ahead with NVIDIA Drivers and Multibeast and I'm not able to boot again.

So I think I'm misunderstanding some points so I would ask a few questions about Hackintosh installation. I would be a pleasure to also read good advises from you.

1. With my configuration, what tools should I use ? UniBeast or Clover only ? MultiBeast ? KextBeast ?
2. What is the exact process that I am supposed to follow ? Create Bootable USB with UniBeast => FakeCPUIP by modifying config.plist => Boot and Install Sierra (the actual point I reached) => "Patch" with MultiBeast => Modifying the Clover config.plist (on new macOS Sierra EFI) => Install NVIDIA Drivers... I'm totally lost about what to do, how, and when...
3. I read some people booting without any graphic card. My question about that is : Am I supposed to boot with my GeForce 1060 (what I've actually done : my screen plugged on my GeForce 1060) ? Or I am supposed to install my integrated HD630 first and then I will install the GeForce. Can we use / install booth of them (I don't think so but would like to know).
4. Finally : what the purpose of each of the tools everybody uses : UniBeast, MultiBeast, KextBeast, Clover, Clover Configurator ? Is there any others to do what they do ?

To conclude : according to my configuration, what am I supposed to do to make macOS Sierra running on my Desktop PC (I mean step by step) ? How should I boot / install for the first time (NVIDIA Card or Integrated), why and what for should I use MultiBeast ? What drivers am I supposed to install ? Please help a lost noob :D

--- Old post end here ---

Thank you all in advance,
Kuaaaly

Last edited:
I have a very similar setup, with a i3-7100 and a GTX 770 (soon will be replaced with 970), except I can't even get the installer booted... what did you do after installing unibeast onto the USB to get it to boot?

Hello,

If I remember well, I just disable CFG-lock and enable XHCI Handoff from UEFI settings. So just charge the Default Optimised by pressing F6 and then search CFG and XHCI in UEFI (there is a very nice search bar) and select the appropriate settings.

Do not forget to enable -v option in clover boot option to print boot log on your screen. If you still not able to boot please paste your boot error here cause I successfully booted with my hardware and get everything working except audio. I've plan to edit my first post to make a "success guide" for others but actually do not have enough free time to do so. So post here, be clear, I'll try to help you :)

See you soon,
Kuaaaly

Boot settings and the error I get after are attached to this post

EDIT:
YAYY IM AT THE INSTALL SCREEN!
Turns out I forgot to set the FakeCPUID...

So now what steps do I need to take?

(WWDC17 made me happy with seeing macs with 7th gen... next macOS will be easier now)

Attachments

• IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Hi,

I'm glad I could have helped you :thumbup:
So, now you need to run the latest version of Multibeast and select the appropriate options to install the various kexts corresponding to your hardware.

- For this MB, I installed the following :
- UEFI Boot Mode
- Audio
- ALC1220
- 200 Series Audio
- Network
- IntelMausiEthernet v.2.2.1d1
- USB
- Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series
- Bootloader : you don't need to install clover boot loader because you will copy the EFI.zip you just boot from
- Don't select anything in the customise menu​

- Then, copy and paste the previous EFI.zip I gave you and decompress it in the EFI partition of your macOS Sierra drive.

- Download and install WebDriver-378.05.05.05f02.pkg

- Edit the config.plist file of the EFI partition (Clover configurator is a nice editor) : select NvidiaWeb in SystemParameters.
- Using Clover Configurator, you can also select a SMBIOS (in the appropriate menu) by playing with the "magic" button at mid-right.

Eject your USB, reboot and you should be booting directly from your fresh macOS Sierra install ! Every should work fine except standard audio, and some slowness after waking up the computer from sleep. May be other things I didn't notice won't work really fine but I have to admit that I'm actually waiting for Kaby Lake and Series 200 Motherboard support to make a new clean install (since Apple has just introduced their new generation devices).

Hope you'll handle it, let me know !
Kuaaaly

Last edited:
(OLD POST WAS STUPID)

Ok so I followed the instructions and everything is now working EXCEPT I have NO CLUE how to get the GPU to work right. The only way I can actually boot up my system is when I remove the GPU and go off of the IGPU... Whenever I use the GTX 970 it boots up but then after it boots instead of a login screen it just stops sending a signal to the monitor...
Any help..? (simplest solution possible would be great)

Last edited:
So mainly just audio and the sluggishness after sleep? That's not too bad. Hopefully some awesome people in the community can get the Audio working in this release or when MacOS High Sierra becomes official! :)

Edit: Also, have you tried this? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/realtek-alc1220-s1220a-owner-thread.213617/#post-1435109

This guy says he got native audio to work, I think. It uses our updated audio chipset on the z270 Gaming Pro Carbon

Actually I didn't try it at all. You may know that macOS High Sierra has been released, so the lazy boy I am is just waiting for native support to clean install again :D

(OLD POST WAS STUPID)

Ok so I followed the instructions and everything is now working EXCEPT I have NO CLUE how to get the GPU to work right. The only way I can actually boot up my system is when I remove the GPU and go off of the IGPU... Whenever I use the GTX 970 it boots up but then after it boots instead of a login screen it just stops sending a signal to the monitor...
Any help..? (simplest solution possible would be great)

In my case, on first boot (with USB) my screen was plugged on my GPU but that was displaying 1366*768 (or something lower). But after post installation : emulated NVRAM support installed, NVIDIA Web driver options selected in config.plist and NVIDIA Web Driver installed everything works fine on next reboot.

Have you done the exact same post-installation process ?

See you,
Kuaaaly

OK, everything is now working! It took a bit of fooling around to figure out how to get the GPU working with graphics acceleration.

The only issue is for some unknown reason it'll show the circle with a cross with the verbose mode showing something similar to FakeCPUID not working for some reason, but after a reboot it starts working fine again.. so idk what the issue is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back