i5-6500T
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

Trying to boot my first Hackintosh on a Dell Optiplex 7040, i5 6500T, 8GB Ram, 120GB NVMe SSD etc. I've slowly been working through each boot issue and I am getting further and further to the point where I can feel I am super close. However, I am really stuck on this error "In Memory Panic Stackshot Succeeded". I've been researching this one black and blue without any real answers on how to fix. Attached a screenshot of the error in case it makes more sense to someone else.

Attachments

• IMG_0259.JPEG
    IMG_0259.JPEG
    1 MB · Views: 1,278
The kernel panic indicates a graphics problem.
Add Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other if you have not already done so.

Serial ports should be disabled in the BIOS settings :

Serial.png

Trying to boot my first Hackintosh on a Dell Optiplex 7040, i5 6500T
You're using a 2012 Mac mini server (Ivy Br.) SMBIOS when you've got a 2015 Skylake based Dell Optiplex so you may want to reconsider that. For the install it might be better to leave it at the Unibeast default iMac 14,2 and change later. iMac 17,1 may be even a better choice for the install phase.

Screen Shot 6.jpg

Last edited:
The kernel panic indicates a graphics problem.
Add Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other if you have not already done so.

Serial ports should be disabled in the BIOS settings :

View attachment 448533

Actually yes I think I am missing the WhateverGreen kext. I will add that in and see. I tried looking in the the BIOS and there is zero reference to serial ports so I think that should be ok. The PC definitely doesn't have one so that could be why.

You're using a 2012 Mac mini server (Ivy Br.) SMBIOS when you've got a 2015 Skylake based Dell Optiplex so you may want to reconsider that. For the install it might be better to leave it at the Unibeast default iMac 14,2 and change later. iMac 17,1 may be even a better choice for the install phase.

View attachment 448541

Yes I have since changed it to iMac17,1. This was originally set this way because I was following an outdated guide to tee but since found one that specifically talks to a Skylake CPU which I have.

Actually yes I think I am missing the WhateverGreen kext. I will add that in and see. I tried looking in the the BIOS and there is zero reference to serial ports so I think that should be ok. The PC definitely doesn't have one so that could be why.

Nope turns out I have both the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts. Bummer.

... reference to serial ports so I think that should be ok. The PC definitely doesn't have one so that could be why ...

There seem to be a few variations on the 7040 but I think @P1LGRIM is right. MacOS identifies it and on the back panel of the ones I've seen there's a serial-port sitting between the display port and PS/2 sockets.

Sadly active serial-ports can cause lock-ups.

:)

Alright I’ll double check shortly. I know 100% there’s zero reference to a serial port in the bios though so what are my options if I can’t disable with bios?

There seem to be a few variations on the 7040 but I think @P1LGRIM is right. MacOS identifies it and on the back panel of the ones I've seen there's a serial-port sitting between the display port and PS/2 sockets.

Sadly active serial-ports can cause lock-ups.

Yep definitely no serial port.

Attachments

• B5D715BE-5D82-4F07-869E-63D74AE8E0C2.jpeg
    B5D715BE-5D82-4F07-869E-63D74AE8E0C2.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 251
Yep definitely no serial port.

Fair enough :thumbup:

None of the photos I saw online showed that form-factor.

Having said that, macOS is still detecting one. It doesn't usually make stuff up. With that in mind I then have to ask "Why?". Maybe there is one in the system but it's not externally connectable due to the small size?

If you are able to run Windows on the box, perhaps check "Devices" to see if Windows sees a serial-port.

EDIT: To answer your other question - it is possible the latest BIOS does not refer to a serial-port. On my own recent build I had to revert to an earlier BIOS to get access to the Serial-port toggle. Just a thought, I don't know for sure in your case.

Last edited:
Damn, ok. I also don’t have windows installed on the HDD partition. Really making it hard for myself hey. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back