Contribute
Register

In-love with Mavericks! But, x99 is on the horizon... Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,

I have always used Windows all my life. Never really had much experience with OSX. I love my iPhone and iPad, but never really been able to justify spending the money on a Mac when I could build a faster windows system.

Recently, our WebDev (I'm a Network Engineer) got a new MacBook Pro, and he was like me: Always used Windows, never messed with a Mac. After a week, he told me he has fallen in love.

So, I figured I would give it a shot. After about an hour, I reformatted my work desktop (i5 4670k, 16GB DDR3 2400, 480GB SSD) and I have absolutely fallen in love. I can do everything I need to do in my work environment with no issues at all.

So, with my little introductory spill out of the way... :mrgreen:

In about a week Haswell-E/x99 is going to launch, and I'm going to have to upgrade my work PC. And I already don't want to give it up. The last thing I want to do is go back to Windows 8. The system will be a i7 5820k, 16GB DDR4 3000, GTX780, and likely 3x Samsung 850 128GB SSDs preferably in a RAID0. This will be the system... Now, I have ready several posts, but none that I've found recently...

What does everyone think the chances of the x99 System working?

Welcome to the CustoMac world, great to have you here. We don't really know any more than
you about how well X99 will work. I do know that X79 does not work as well/easily as a socket
1150 system does. X79 takes a much larger investement of time, energy and money to get a
fully working system. You can look at this golden build to see what getting an x79 system
fully working will entail. http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...-iv-extreme-32gb-ram-gtx-770-4gb-success.html
We do hope that you give an X99 system a try and report back how your build/install goes. I'm very
interested to see how well one of those high end systems performs with OS X installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back