Contribute
Register

In Depth: Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: In Depth: Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC

has anyone been able to enable hdmi audio on this card ???
(10.8.4 and DSDT ) ??

help would be apriciated.

Hi Everyone, just a very quick question. i was running a gigabyte hd 6870 but recently upgraded to the gigabyte HD 7970 OC. ive kept both cards in my machine as it boots without any problems that way but wondered as im running 3 apple cinema 24 monitors should have one one the 6870 and 2 on the 7970 for the best performance? at the moment im just running all 3 on the 7970 with an active adapter but occasionally it only boot into the 2 screens instead of 3? thanks in advance for any help.

Hey guys
this card is just amazing, just bought it.
the only issue im having right now is to boot from HDD, i get weird text on chimera, i can only boot from USB.
im planning to upgrade from 10.8.4 to 10.9.3,installing chimera to the EFI partition.
how do i have to setup my f 12 bios and internal grafic etc to boot from hard drive, get fire pro driver and for the best performance.
regards and thanks in advance wolf

Hey guys
this card is just amazing, just bought it.
the only issue im having right now is to boot from HDD, i get weird text on chimera, i can only boot from USB.
im planning to upgrade from 10.8.4 to 10.9.3,installing chimera to the EFI partition.
how do i have to setup my f 12 bios and internal grafic etc to boot from hard drive, get fire pro driver and for the best performance.
regards and thanks in advance wolf

Wolf, you get text garbage as the install drive is not using the MBR scheme, the USB stick is. Solution is probably to just install the boot-loader on a drive in your system that is MBR formatted (then of course overwriting any other boot-loader that might be on that particular drive). Of this reason I always boot from the USB. I let the machine hibernate when I don't use it.. so I don't boot it often.

Wolf, you get text garbage as the install drive is not using the MBR scheme, the USB stick is. Solution is probably to just install the boot-loader on a drive in your system that is MBR formatted (then of course overwriting any other boot-loader that might be on that particular drive). Of this reason I always boot from the USB. I let the machine hibernate when I don't use it.. so I don't boot it often.
Thanks a lot monoton.
I manage to boot without USB writing chimera dust etc to the efi partition an actually worked with GE=no, and booted quite fast.
what i am mission under 10.9.3 is to wake my 7970 from sleep, only display sleep is working.
also i disabled CPU graphics, just in case.
do you know how to have 7970 recognized as fire pro?
also how do i fix sleep?
i need it for CAD software
Regards wolf

Hy everybody,
I am new in the hackintosh world but actually my computer already boot :
Gygabite Aorus Z370 ultra gaming rev 1
I7 8700 K
16 Go 3000 Mhz DDR4 Corsair
Asus HD 7970 Direct Cu2

My main problem is on graphics :
How to enable Asus HD 7970 Direct Cu2 ? Even if I choose it in the Bios option, anything appear on the screen...

Thank you all

Hy everybody,
I am new in the hackintosh world but actually my computer already boot :
Gygabite Aorus Z370 ultra gaming rev 1
I7 8700 K
16 Go 3000 Mhz DDR4 Corsair
Asus HD 7970 Direct Cu2

My main problem is on graphics :
How to enable Asus HD 7970 Direct Cu2 ? Even if I choose it in the Bios option, anything appear on the screen...

Thank you all
Me too I need to know if there is some one who try this machine Z370 / 10.13.6 + HD 7970

Finally,
my hd 7970 works natively, but I have no possibilities of dual screen :banghead:
No access to any setup also.
If somebody know some solutions?

I am using XFX 7970 3GB card, and I am not able to boot my system up with it. Monitor always shuts down in the middle of the booting, but hard disk continue working. I read it is because of card's BIOS, and that I should load different VBIOS. Anybody knows how to do this? I am stuck :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back