Contribute
Register

In Both Places... Why Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem was my ignorance. Fixed now. Moving the three kexts to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other was not enough. I also had to open config.plist, go to "Devices," and in the "USB" area check that tiny "inject" box. Weird, since I already had "Yes" selected in the Inject Kexts box.
Inject USB and Inject kexts are very different options

Inject USB and Inject kexts are very different options
Well now, that's not very obvious, is it? I do know that the RAMUSB method used by Apple to run Bluetooth makes use of the USB controller, but really... an average person would, I think, assume that if one checked "Yes" in "Inject Kexts," that all the kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other would be injected! It is also not obvious that the "Brcmxxx" kexts are considered by Clover to be "USB" which need to have the tiny "inject USB" box on the Devices page checked. It cost me two 8-hour days of troubleshooting to stumble across that. More generally, why isn't there any documentation which explains the many checkboxes, terms, and options displayed on all the pages of Clover Configurator? How can an end user learn all that material?

Well now, that's not very obvious, is it? I do know that the RAMUSB method used by Apple to run Bluetooth makes use of the USB controller, but really... an average person would, I think, assume that if one checked "Yes" in "Inject Kexts," that all the kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other would be injected! It is also not obvious that the "Brcmxxx" kexts are considered by Clover to be "USB" which need to have the tiny "inject USB" box on the Devices page checked. It cost me two 8-hour days of troubleshooting to stumble across that. More generally, why isn't there any documentation which explains the many checkboxes, terms, and options displayed on all the pages of Clover Configurator? How can an end user learn all that material?
well, yes as they are different options....

but hackintosh is a lot of trial and error and lots of reading is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back