CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 | GTX 1650 LP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Im going to mention a few improvements & changes that have been made for the Hackintosh side on macOS Mojave.

@RehabMan i mentioned you there as these 1&2 Improvements are more laptop specific.

Black screen (or glitchy screen) on wake with Kaby Lake and Skylake graphics

Looks to be an EDID issue. Requires display override with patched EDID.

Read here for solution:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-black-screen-after-upgrade-to-high-sierra.237050/
1. This issue has been fixed on macOS Mojave (at least for me).
I can confirm this after testing on my Lenovo V330-15IKB with KabyLake R i5 CPU & Intel UHD 620 Graphics. example:
- On High Sierra, without patching my EDID (or making a custom Display Override), when i plugged in the HDMI cable, the cursor always has been laggy and the moment i used to unplug the HDMI cable, laptop did a hardrestart (Kernel Panic).

Tested by completely removing the patched EDID & removing the InjectEDID=true from config.plist (as that's what i was using instead of the custom display override).

- Wake from sleep works fine, i have no Black Screen.
- No laggy cursor on external & internal display when HDMI is connected.
- No Kernel Panic (Insta Restart) after detaching/unplugging the HDMI cable.

2. HandOff works substantially better than it did on High Sierra, example:
On High Sierra the AzureWave AW-C123H (BCM9352HMB) didn't have a working Handoff at all for me, tried every possible method to fix it but it never worked.

Now in macOS Mojave it is working perfect:
- HandOff (both ways iPhone to mac, mac to iPhone).
- Universal Clipboard (both ways iPhone to mac, mac to iPhone).
- Continuity
- And both of the new HandOff features: "Scan from iPhone" & "Take a Photo from iPhone" are working perfect.

Tested the same on my BCM94352Z (DW1560) and i believe everything was working with it as well.

3. A lot of old LayoutID(s) have been removed from the AppleHDA.kext (half of the available Layout IDs), so whoever was using layoutID 3, 12, 28 and the others that have been removed, have to update their Patched AppleHDA.kext/Audio Injector.kext to use the other available Layouts.

4. As most of you propably know, they removed support for hardware like macbooks air/pro older than mid2012.
However it's still possible to make QE/CI work with the Sierra 10.12.6 HD3000 kexts & by just changing the SMBIOS to a newer one like Macbook Air 5.1 (for Macbook Pro 8.1) users.

These are the improvements that i noticed so far and thought worth sharing them.

Last edited:
i have only 7mb with 620hd

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back