CPU
i7 7700HQ
Graphics
Itel HD 630/GTX 950M: 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone! I'm currently running macOS Mojave 14.4.4 and everything is working well, except for the touchpad, which is quite weird when I use it, specially when I scroll in a page it is very slow and I have to hold my finger on it to continue scrolling. Is there a way (maybe a different kext or I don't know) to improve its usability? Or maybe a way to only improve the scrolling?
Thank you to everyone! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4 MB · Views: 184
Check if your trackpad is dual PS2+I2C. See how it's connected in Windows Device Manager, check for an 'advanced' trackpad mode BIOS option.
If it is, you may use VoodooI2C to make it work instead of VoodooPS2.

Check if your trackpad is dual PS2+I2C. See how it's connected in Windows Device Manager, check for an 'advanced' trackpad mode BIOS option.
If it is, you may use VoodooI2C to make it work instead of VoodooPS2.
No it is only PS2.

No it is only PS2.
Huh, usually ASUS has I2C on Skylake+

What's SmoothMouse.kext? Sure you need it?
I see you're using ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext, not sure it was updated recently...

I'd remove those 2 and try VoodooPS2Controller.kext. You may want to try the Acidanthera fork, it's using the VoodooI2C native gesture engine (tho I think it should get some more credit than a Russian README, and preferably usage of it as a git submodule instead of copying the code to the repo)
It would only work if your trackpad has multitouch support with VoodooPS2. You can also expect less precise input compared to I2C, as the PS2 interface is quite limited.

BTW, you have both FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and AirportBrcmFixup.kext. Remove the FakePCIID pair.
I think the default country code is US with AirportBrcmFixup.kext, try booting without brcmfx-country=US.
IIRC -disablegfxfirmware flag is not needed with recent WhateverGreen.kext.

You have a duplicate AppleBacklight patch in your config.plist (one is disabled). You can remove both when booting with recent WhateverGreen.kext. AppleBacklightInjector.kext should also be removed.
You should still have SSDT-PNLF.aml.

Last edited:
Huh, usually ASUS has I2C on Skylake+

What's SmoothMouse.kext? Sure you need it?
I see you're using ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext, not sure it was updated recently...

I'd remove those 2 and try VoodooPS2Controller.kext. You may want to try the Acidanthera fork, it's using the VoodooI2C native gesture engine (tho I think it should get some more credit than a Russian README, and preferably usage of it as a git submodule instead of copying the code to the repo)
It would only work if your trackpad has multitouch support with VoodooPS2. You can also expect less precise input compared to I2C, as the PS2 interface is quite limited.

BTW, you have both FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and AirportBrcmFixup.kext. Remove the FakePCIID pair.
I think the default country code is US with AirportBrcmFixup.kext, try booting without brcmfx-country=US.
IIRC -disablegfxfirmware flag is not needed with recent WhateverGreen.kext.

You have a duplicate AppleBacklight patch in your config.plist (one is disabled). You can remove both when booting with recent WhateverGreen.kext. AppleBacklightInjector.kext should also be removed.
You should still have SSDT-PNLF.aml.
SmoothMouse.kext comes from an external tool that makes the external mouse scrolling more flow, it doesn't affect the touchpad usability. I'm using that version of ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext because this specific kext enables touchpad gestures. So I should try VoodooPS2Controller or VoodooI2C?

SmoothMouse.kext comes from an external tool that makes the external mouse scrolling more flow, it doesn't affect the touchpad usability. I'm using that version of ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext because this specific kext enables touchpad gestures. So I should try VoodooPS2Controller or VoodooI2C?
VoodooPS2Controller first then both VoodooPS2Controller and VoodooI2C

VoodooPS2Controller first then both VoodooPS2Controller and VoodooI2C
It now works but any gestures work, neither two finger scroll gesture.

Attachments

• debug_6269.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 162
It now works but any gestures work, neither two finger scroll gesture.
all your kexts needs to be installed to /Library/Extensions

How and where to install kexts:

all your kexts needs to be installed to /Library/Extensions

How and where to install kexts:
So I should move all kexts in kexts/Other to /Library/Extension and then remove them from CLOVER folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back