Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime B250 Plus
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700K
Graphics
Intel HD 630
Hi all, i've followed the guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-any-supported-intel-based-pc.285366/#install) and succesfully installed Catalina on this hardware:
  • Intel i7 7700K (so with HD 630 integrated graphic)
  • ASUS Prime B250 Plus motherboard
The only problem it's related to the dual monitor configuration, i have two monitor plugged on the motherboard, one through HDMI and the other through DVI.
Both monitors show always the same thing, the monitors configuration of Catalina show only one monitor and are absent all the options to extend the view instead of duplicate it.
She's using both but only duplicating them...

I tried also to mount a dedicated graphic card, a Nvidia GTX 1050Ti.
But in this way work only one monitor, the other does not turn on at all, but i imagine that is a driver related problem in this case and searching online i seem to understand that Nvidia drivers are not available for Catalina.

Open System Preferences, navigate to 'Displays' preference pane, navigate to the 'Arrangement' tab on your main display.

On my dual screen system I see these two panes (one on each screen):

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 17.52.33.png

You need to make sure that the 'Mirror Displays' option highlighted in the Red rectangle, is not ticked.

Open System Preferences, navigate to 'Displays' preference pane, navigate to the 'Arrangement' tab on your main display.

On my dual screen system I see these two panes (one on each screen):

View attachment 515463

You need to make sure that the 'Mirror Displays' option highlighted in the Red rectangle, is not ticked.

Hi, the "Mirror Displays" option and the "Arrangement" tab are absent in my Displays menu in the System Preferences.

What happens if you 'Hot-Plug' one of the monitor connections, i.e. boot with the DVI connected monitor and then when Catalina is running plug in the HDMI monitor cable, or visa-versa?

Have you set your config.plist with an Intel Framebuffer for an IGPU that drives a display(s)? Kaby Lake HD 630 would use AAPL,ig-platform-id: 00001259

What happens if you 'Hot-Plug' one of the monitor connections, i.e. boot with the DVI connected monitor and then when Catalina is running plug in the HDMI monitor cable, or visa-versa?

Have you set your config.plist with an Intel Framebuffer for an IGPU that drives a display(s)? Kaby Lake HD 630 would use AAPL,ig-platform-id: 00001259

I tried to boot only with DVI attached and at Catalina startup i attached the HDMI but the second monitor remain black with this method.

In my config.plist there was a cofeelake ig-platform-id, now i inserted the suggested ig-platform-id for the Kabylake HD 630 that is present in Clover Configurator (i tried both 0x59120000 and 0x59120003) and the other monitor is recognise but after some seconds or when i go in the monitors configuration in the preference center, on both monitor appear several black bars, see this photo:

IMG_20210419_110620.jpg

Thank you for the help!

Last edited:
Post a copy of your CLOVER folder so we can see what you are using to boot your system and set your graphics.

It sounds like you are using the 'ig-platform-id' in the Graphics section rather than the Devices > Properties section required by WhateverGreen.kext.

CLOVER folder attached.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 94
It was as I thought, your Current CLOVER setup is incorrect for your system.

Try this alternative/heavily revised CLOVER folder in place of your current one.

Best to test this on a spare USB, i.e. install Clover to the EFI Partition on the HFS+ formatted USB pen drive, replace the CLOVER folder on the USB with the one attached below and boot your system from the USB. You will know when you are booting from the USB as I have changed the Clover boot theme to Catalina, so the boot screen will look like the screenshot below.

screenshot0.png Catalina Clover boot screen.

See if this helps.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 112
I saw the personalized theme so i booted correctly, but both monitor have problems.
On one there is a purple layer and the same black lines and the other remain white.
Photos attached.

Attachments

• Photos.zip
    3 MB · Views: 74
OK, I have tweaked the CLOVER folder and changed the Framebuffer in the config.plist.

Try the CLOVER folder attached below.

Attachments

• CLOVER 2.zip
    4 MB · Views: 142
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back