Contribute
Register

Impossible to extend monitors on Catalina with HD 630 integrated graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I have tweaked the CLOVER folder and changed the Framebuffer in the config.plist.

Try the CLOVER folder attached below.

With this, the boot process remain stuck at the Apple logo with the progress bar empty.

Can you post a photo of the Verbose text/screen, add -v to the boot arguments in the config.plist.

Can you post a photo of the Verbose text/screen, add -v to the boot arguments in the config.plist.

Sure, photos attached.

I discovered that if i add the flag "-disablegfxfirmware" with my first CLOVER configuration (the one that i attached the first time) and boot the pc with only one monitor plugged, when Catalina start and i plug the second monitor, seems to work stably.

I tried this method 3 times, once time the PC crashed and restarted automatically when I connected the second monitor, but the other two times it worked ...

But the crash mentioned and the fact that i need to remember to unplug the second monitor every time i start or restart the PC make this discovery not very useful.

Attachments

• Photos (1).zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
OK, pre-initialisation issue could be caused by clash between SSDT's. So I have removed the SSDT-PLUG.aml and retained your Over Clock SSDT for CPU power management.

I have also added -v and removed KernelXCPM=true to/from the config.plist in the attached CLOVER folder.

Try this and let me know what happens.

Attachments

• CLOVER 3.zip
    4 MB · Views: 56
OK, pre-initialisation issue could be caused by clash between SSDT's. So I have removed the SSDT-PLUG.aml and retained your Over Clock SSDT for CPU power management.

I have also added -v and removed KernelXCPM=true to/from the config.plist in the attached CLOVER folder.

Try this and let me know what happens.

This time booted but there are several graphic glitch as you can see in this photo.
And the second monitor don't turn on, it seems that isn't receive the signal at all.

Attachments

• IMG_20210420_205103.jpg
    IMG_20210420_205103.jpg
    800 KB · Views: 67
Ok, something to work on tomorrow (Wednesday).

Can you post a copy of your Bootlog (use Hackintool - Logs tab) and a copy of your IOReg.

I'm very interested in the outcome of this as my 630 based video is also doing exactly the same. Both monitors displaying the same thing.

Have you checked the System Preferences > Displays pane to see if they are set to mirror each other?

Here is a screenshot of the System Preferences > Displays pane for my iMac1 system.

Screenshot 2021-04-30 at 23.10.06.png

The 'Mirror Displays' option highlighted in the red rectangle (left hand pane) needs to be unselected for the desktop to be extended across the two displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back