Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Predator G5900
CPU
i5 650
Graphics
GT 340
After a problem with my Hackintosh install of El Capitan I decided to do a fresh install. I erased my 16GB Flashdrive,(or so I thought) and began a fresh install of El Capitan again with Unibeast, a few minutes into the install Unibeast greyed out and I got an error message sayong that OSX Base System was still on the flashdrive from the earlier install. I have searched the internet trying to find a way to delete the OSX Base System from my flashdrive but there dosent seem to be an answer on how to do this.
Is it impossible to remove the OSX Base System once it has installed itself on the flashdrive?, if it is I will be unable to reinstall El Capitan on my pc. Any help with this frustrating problem will be very much appreciated.
Many Thanks.

After a problem with my Hackintosh install of El Capitan I decided to do a fresh install. I erased my 16GB Flashdrive,(or so I thought) and began a fresh install of El Capitan again with Unibeast, a few minutes into the install Unibeast greyed out and I got an error message sayong that OSX Base System was still on the flashdrive from the earlier install. I have searched the internet trying to find a way to delete the OSX Base System from my flashdrive but there dosent seem to be an answer on how to do this.
Is it impossible to remove the OSX Base System once it has installed itself on the flashdrive?, if it is I will be unable to reinstall El Capitan on my pc. Any help with this frustrating problem will be very much appreciated.
Many Thanks.
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

Hi, Many thanks for your reply,I tried everything suggested in "Volumes Are Mounted unibeast 6.2, but unfortunately nothing has worked, I am still getting the following error messages when trying to install El Capitan with UniBeast, "Make sure neither
"OS X Install ESD" or
"OS X Base System are mounted on your drive, and
There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Couldn't copy Installation packages.
If I buy a new usb flash drive would that solve the problem, or would the same problems still happen .
Thank you for all your help.

unfortunately nothing has worked
If I buy a new usb flash drive would that solve the problem, or would the same problems still happen
Some more on the issue here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back