Contribute
Register

IMPORTANT! How to update from 10.8.x to 10.9.x!

I'm not sure about the clock updating or not (I probably didn't wait as long). Only the pointer was working, impossible to move any windows, the dock seemed dead too. I had another freeze today, it just happened when I launched an iTunes and Iphoto update from Software Update... But like before it seems to happen randomly... Tried Cmd/alt/esc to no avail...

I'm not sure about the clock updating or not (I probably didn't wait as long). Only the pointer was working, impossible to move any windows, the dock seemed dead too. I had another freeze today, it just happened when I launched an iTunes and Iphoto update from Software Update... But like before it seems to happen randomly... Tried Cmd/alt/esc to no avail...

It is hard to tell what could be the cause. My motto with these kind of updates is try it, and if it works, great... and if there's weird things happening, do a fresh install.

It is hard to tell what could be the cause. My motto with these kind of updates is try it, and if it works, great... and if there's weird things happening, do a fresh install.

Also handy tip.

keep a spare hdd to do test installs.

you can do a fresh install, use time machine to restore your back up to the test hdd

and then run the update on the test hdd with your 'cloned' desktop.

Is it possible to update from 10.9.1 to 10.9.5 via appstore?
And - can I update even further to a even higher version number of os x?

I have:

HP Probook 6570b
intel core i5 2.49 GHz
Intel HD Graphics 4000

I made the hackingtosh back in 2013 or so (I think) then I used:

Probook installer 6.1.13r3 (or maybe it was 6.1.11)
UniBeast 3.0.1

Back