Contribute
Register

IMPORTANT! How to update from 10.8.x to 10.9.x!

Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s-Clover
CPU
i5-2430M
Graphics
HD 3000
I'm not sure about the clock updating or not (I probably didn't wait as long). Only the pointer was working, impossible to move any windows, the dock seemed dead too. I had another freeze today, it just happened when I launched an iTunes and Iphoto update from Software Update... But like before it seems to happen randomly... Tried Cmd/alt/esc to no avail...

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm not sure about the clock updating or not (I probably didn't wait as long). Only the pointer was working, impossible to move any windows, the dock seemed dead too. I had another freeze today, it just happened when I launched an iTunes and Iphoto update from Software Update... But like before it seems to happen randomly... Tried Cmd/alt/esc to no avail...
It is hard to tell what could be the cause. My motto with these kind of updates is try it, and if it works, great... and if there's weird things happening, do a fresh install.

Motherboard
OSX Yosemite
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX780
Mobile Phone
iOS
CPU
i3
It is hard to tell what could be the cause. My motto with these kind of updates is try it, and if it works, great... and if there's weird things happening, do a fresh install.
Also handy tip.

keep a spare hdd to do test installs.

you can do a fresh install, use time machine to restore your back up to the test hdd

and then run the update on the test hdd with your 'cloned' desktop.