Contribute
Register

IMPORTANT Darkwake=0 Flag can break auto-sleep in 10.8.1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still using darkwake=10 even after MB 5.1.2 whose default setting of 0 breaks sleep on my system.

System wakes up with two clicks using darwake=10.

Just to chime in, I'm using darkwake=10 and I'm having absolute ZERO issues with sleep. Wakes with one click, sleeps when I set it to. Just works great.

I'm also still using Darwake=10 with 10.8.2 and I have perfect sleep functionality. Wake with single click of Magic Mouse or Apple Wireless Keyboard.

My Hac is now running more or less like a real mac and I am DELIGHTED!!!!:headbang::headbang:

These haven't worked for me. My sleep used to work, but sometime between 10.8.2 and multibeast 5.1, it stopped.

System will sleep, but pressing a button on the mouse/keyboard causes the system power light to come on and fans to spin up, but no display output or power to mouse/keyboard.

Removing darkwake from boot.plist didn't help; darkwake=10 didn't work, and darkwake=0 hasn't been working. Reinstalling chimera didn't help, nor did the most recent version of FakeSMC.kext or the other drivers in multibeast 5.1.3. Nor did the updates in the new 10.8.2 pack for the new Ivy macs.

What's odd is that this looks like a "darkwake" behavior, i.e. the system partially wakes, but with darkwake=0 (which I assume is the same as the 0x0100 value) it still occurs.

One thing is that there are no console logs written after the system goes to sleep. The next event is boot.

I'd be interested to know what folks have for their various settings (e.g. wake on lan in BIOS, energy saver prefs, etc).

Also, thanks to NeXTguy for his great work! :clap:

EDIT: I should add that my system has never auto-slept.

I have the same board, bios F14 and my system sleeps and auto-sleeps with darkwake=no

There is one situation that it doesn't auto-sleep, when I use my jailbroken Apple TV to watch a movie I see that pmset -g assertions shows:

pid 634(AppleFileServer): [0x00000008000001fb] 00:00:01 DenySystemSleep named: "com.apple.AppleFileServer"

Seems that I get a user connected to AFP that's prevents auto-sleep

I've tried darkwake=10, darkwake=0, darkwake=1 and nothing seems to make my system sleep automatically without PleaseSleep app. My system sleeps/and wakes properly when I click "sleep" from apple icon, but not automatic sleep. What could be causing this problem?

Can i ask what DVD/CD drives everyone is using? As while testing my current setup, I installed everything bit by bit - The basics to start, then started turning on USB3, adding in My DVD drive (which i left disconnected on my initial build to test), and no bluetooth.
Upon hooking up my DVD drive (LG bluray drive) i had some issues with sleep as the drive kept accessing even without a disk - After checking through the Wiki for compatible optical drives - found mine had issues, I bought a different drive (basic Sony drive confirmed working on the wiki) and installed that - Now i am one step closer the drive no longer prevents sleep at all, but it does seem to prevent autosleep.

I am curious to see if you guys disconnect your optical drives if Autosleep works? I think my direct problem is due to installing the bluray drive first which caused issues, so even if the current one is compatible the OS still has residual links to the old drive. I am going to try a clean install over the weekend to test this.

I have not checked which setting Darkwake is set to - As i have not changed anything from a simple install i assume it will default to 0.

Cheers
Tim

I'm also still using Darwake=10 with 10.8.2 and I have perfect sleep functionality. Wake with single click of Magic Mouse or Apple Wireless Keyboard.

My Hac is now running more or less like a real mac and I am DELIGHTED!!!!:headbang::headbang:

Quick update - I ran Multibeast 5.2 while I was testing the new Atheros driver that it has and forgot to change the default Darkwake=0 setting. My machine stopped auto-sleeping and it left me puzzled till I remembered that I had adjusted this setting. I set Darkwake=10 again and I have perfect sleep functionality again. :headbang:

Thanks for the amazing insight, decided to dive back into this issue now that I see your posts...

I entered that terminal command and all are "0" with the exception of:
External Media 1
Background task 1

Is this why the darkwake=10 command that changed is not working for me. Also, my computer has never been able to sleep. Any ideas?

Yes, any 1s in that command will prevent autosleep. Try unplugging the external hard drive and killing the background task. Speaking of which, what is the background task?

Thank you NExt Guy! changing the parameter darkwake to 10 fixed everything for me.

Before I had no auto sleep, double klick to wake, password screen appeared, then disappeared, then came back.

Now Autosleeps although a little longer than power saver states, wakes on one click faster and password screen appears smoothly and can instantly be filled in.

Its the little things, but this has totally made my customac perfect. Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back