Contribute
Register

Imovie crashes on startup (Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old thread but I stumbled into this same problem after I updated to Catalina and added a new video card. What worked for me was specifically disabling "inject Intel" in the clover config file. At least in my system, not having that value set to false, made Clover default it to true. No need for NoVPAJpeg.kext, or disabling igpu in the bios. iMovie, jpeg previews, and airplay mirroring are all working.

Old thread but I stumbled into this same problem after I updated to Catalina and added a new video card. What worked for me was specifically disabling "inject Intel" in the clover config file. At least in my system, not having that value set to false, made Clover default it to true. No need for NoVPAJpeg.kext, or disabling igpu in the bios. iMovie, jpeg previews, and airplay mirroring are all working.
If I disable the internal GPU don’t I lose intel quick sync and the encoding times go through the roof. I have a simple 8 min time line, before I got the iGPU working that timeline took 10 mins to encode once I got the the internal intel UHD 630 working that same timeline encoding in about 3 mins. That’s a huge difference. The funny thing is it was all working. And then today I started getting the crashes. I have a RX580 installed but without the iGPU I wasn’t able to get hardware acceleration turned on. Getting these iGPU to was a major pain so it possible I did not do something correctly and that’s why hardware acceleration wasn’t working. Any thoughts

Last edited:
I'm running into this issue as well after installing a RX580 graphics card. When I try to open iMovie it unexepectedly quits. Inject intel is unchecked on my system.

Disabling intel graphics in the bios fixed it. I don't know yet if there is any other unintended consequences of doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back