Contribute
Register

Immediate reboot after shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks ZipB. I retried the Clover Configurator and put Fixshutdown again. This time I made the right things ;)
Now it seems that it's shutting down properly. Now it doesn't reboot when I touch usb peripherals like keyboard or mouse.
Hope it lasts;)
This configuration seems more powerful of my iMac 5K retina with the same Cpu.
Next challenge is to use the Thunderbolt.
Thanks!
Alex

Clover Configurator is a more or less foolproof way to format and write the all-important config.plist . You can put in values 'by hand' with a text editor/XCode(I clean up my config by hand every now and then, removing wrong/superfluous stuff is not the best part of Clover C) , but you'll have to make sure you use the proper formatting. Otherwise things might go wrong.
I would try to put in the Fixshutdown flag again in Clover Config(just that, nothing else) and then reboot. Maybe clean caches and fix permissions for good measure.
I managed to trash my Clover boot by adding the fix firewire option yesterday, btw. But fixshutdown should work.

Thanks ZipB. I retried the Clover Configurator and put Fixshutdown again. This time I made the right things ;)
Now it seems that it's shutting down properly. Now it doesn't reboot when I touch usb peripherals like keyboard or mouse.
Hope it lasts;)
Thanks!
Alex

Alex,

When I have my Bluetooth dongle active I have the same immediate reboot issue. I previously used CloverConfigurator to make the FixShutdown change and I destroyed my Clover bootloader. It would only run in a loop. I could not boot from either my main or backup El Capitan. My system would never boot and Clover would just bring me back to the screen where I make my selection. I also was unsuccessful when I tried to use my UniBeast USB to get back into Clover and select my boot drive. I finally rebuilt my entire operating system. (It doesn't help that I am a Clover novice.)

You wrote that "This time I made the right things" when you implemented FixShutdown. What did you do differently from the time you "made a mess"?

Also, what is the name and "number" of your System Definition? And, do you know in what file or folder that is stored? I'm curious what matches iMac 5K retina.

Thank you very much,

Jim

Hope it lasts;)
Thanks!
Alex

I used a client's iMac 2013 with an i5 CPU today. It felt really slow compared to my Z170x... Quite happy with my current Skylake setup.

I am having the exact same issue, same Mobo, CPU and same FireWire card from Startech. I am unclear on what seemed to fix the issue for you and Alexilgatto?

Alex,

When I have my Bluetooth dongle active I have the same immediate reboot issue. I previously used CloverConfigurator to make the FixShutdown change and I destroyed my Clover bootloader. It would only run in a loop. I could not boot from either my main or backup El Capitan. My system would never boot and Clover would just bring me back to the screen where I make my selection. I also was unsuccessful when I tried to use my UniBeast USB to get back into Clover and select my boot drive. I finally rebuilt my entire operating system. (It doesn't help that I am a Clover novice.)

You wrote that "This time I made the right things" when you implemented FixShutdown. What did you do differently from the time you "made a mess"?

Also, what is the name and "number" of your System Definition? And, do you know in what file or folder that is stored? I'm curious what matches iMac 5K retina.

Thank you very much,

Jim

I can't seem to make sense of how it was fixed either, have you had any luck with this since then?

I am having the exact same issue, same Mobo, CPU and same FireWire card from Startech. I am unclear on what seemed to fix the issue for you and Alexilgatto?
I swapped the Startech for a DeLock fw card 89153. Problem solved. Some Syba cards are fine too, but DeLock was cheaper. Drawback: you need a separate cable for powering the card. Search this forum for lots more info.

Alex,

Thank you very much,

Jim

Hi Jim, sorry for the delay. I do not have the Bluetooth dongle and I have no FW card so maybe my experience is different. When I said that I did the right things I mean that is very very important when you use the Clover Configurator to open and to save the right config.plist. To do this you have to open the config.plist you are loading at startup and save it with the new configurations (like fixshutdown, etc.). If you forget to open your config.plist at first Clover Configurator creates a new one from scratch with standard configurations. So when you restart the Hack it will not work at all and you can't boot anything. First I panicked, then I found a copy of my old config.plist and copied again in the right place and took again the control.
It seem an idiot thing but if no one tells you it's easy to make a mess with the Clover Configurator creating a new config.plist. Now every time I need to change something I make a copy of the config.plist.
Hope it helps.
Bye!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone!
i had same issue.
turn Bootup Numlock State to OFF fix rebooting and sleep/awake problem at all.
10.12.2 works perfect now.
IMG_8440.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back