Contribute
Register

Immediate reboot after shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did no special configuration via clover.

Do you mean you didn't use Clover of you did nothing special in Clover? I just did a complete basic reinstall with Clover/MB8.2.2 on another SSD, but I still have the reboot problem.

Maybe a setting in your BIOS that's different? ErP disabled?

Screen sleep yes, deep sleep no (the system wakes up, but the screen gets no signal)

Intel HD530 doesn't wake up properly. Known problem.

My Startech FW card causes the reboot on shutdown, apparently. Don't mind getting another card but I could use a tip from someone who has a Z170X-UD5-TH & a working firewire card that doesn't reboot on shutdown. I only need FW400, btw.

Ok that's my problem too. It seems it shuts down right. Then if I touch the mouse or press a key on the keyboard the system reboots. Anything connected to an usb makes the system to reboot.

I tried put FixShutdown in clover and I made a mess (no boot at all... Then I found a previous version of Config.plist and I could use the Hack again). Maybe it's better if I add the string manually. Anyone knows what is the string? Or maybe is something else.

My Specs:
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH
i6700k
GTX970 32gb ram

It's my first Hack and seems working fine, except reboot after shutdown.
Thanks to all. This is a great community!
Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Clover Configurator is a more or less foolproof way to format and write the all-important config.plist . You can put in values 'by hand' with a text editor/XCode(I clean up my config by hand every now and then, removing wrong/superfluous stuff is not the best part of Clover C) , but you'll have to make sure you use the proper formatting. Otherwise things might go wrong.
I would try to put in the Fixshutdown flag again in Clover Config(just that, nothing else) and then reboot. Maybe clean caches and fix permissions for good measure.
I managed to trash my Clover boot by adding the fix firewire option yesterday, btw. But fixshutdown should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back