Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I've just installed OS X 10.8.2 from a completely clean install. Using UniBeast and a clean formatted SSD. Once the install finishes, I can reboot to Chimera, and choose the OS X install and boots fine (yay!). However as soon as I install something from MultiBeast, I get Kernal panics immediately and results in an endless reboot cycle.

MultiBeast options were: DSDT or DSDT Free installation, Realtek 892 Audio, TRIM for 10.8.1+

System configuration:
Intel Core i7 2600k, stock speeds
MSI Z68A-GD64 G3
Intel 180GB 330-series SSD (SATA is in ACHI mode)
8GB DDR3 RAM
Intel integrated HD3000 graphics
SeaSonic 600W PSU

Also I can't change the resolution of my monitor. I assume this problem is related?

Thank you for all your great help so far!

I've spent about 8 hours on this so far. Here are the things I've tried:
  • DSDT or DSDT Free installation checked ONLY.
  • Switched the Install disk to plain 10.8 (down from 10.8.2 since I thought .2 was causing issues) still boots instantly into Kernal Panic.
  • System boots fine when using the UniBeast USB drive.
  • Tried booting without UniBeast using -x and -f boot flags.

Here's a screenshot of the kernal panic:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20135749/kernal_panic.jpg

Thank you for your help!

How can I get another version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ?Thanks

How can I get another version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ?Thanks

Non-Gigabyte motherboards don't work with Apple's CPU power management service by default. To make it work, you either need to install a patched BIOS, or install Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement in Multibeast.

chMyQ.png

Thank you so much! I now have a functioning install!

I first tried patching the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and still got the panic (even when booting with -f). Then I installed NullCPUManagement. Booted great, but I didn't want the CPU to be at 100% all the time. So I tried installing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement again and this time it worked. I still see the NullCPU.kext in the extensions folder - can I safely delete it?
How can I check that my i7 is correctly using the SpeedStep feature (to lower the clock speed)?

Thanks again!

Ok here's an update: I removed NullCPU extension and got the kernal panic again. So I guess that it's required for me for now. Do I have any other options for making use of Intel's dynamic clock speeds? And again, can I verify the exact current clock speeds?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back