Contribute
Register

Immediate crash/reboot after "acpi sleep states s3 s4 s5" on x79 Asrock with 10.13 installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock X79 Extreme6
CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
GTX 780 Ti
As per title,

I cannot even get to the High Sierra installer no matter what I do. Running an Asrock X79 extreme6 motherboard with i7-3930k overclocked at 4200MHz. 8x4GB ddr3 sticks @2133MHz. I have a working 10.12.6 Sierra install on my Samsung Pro 840 SSD drive and I don't recall having this problem ever before (I've had the same exact hardware all the way from 10.9->10.10->10.12)

I always get the same error message after the line "acpi sleep states s3 s4 s5" has come on screen:

"panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8011f88e21): Kernel trap at...."

Video of the boot sequence and crash:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ts7mh36lwbz9rrr/hackintosh 10.13 acpi boot crash.mov?dl=0

I have created a fresh new USB installer stick with the newest 10.13.1 and Clover installed @UEFI boot mode
I have put in my old (working) 10.12.6 boot.plist
I have put all my working .kext files at the "10.13" folder (also tried 10.12 and "other")
I have also deleted all of the kext files except for FakeSMC
I have tried various FakeSMC kext versions
I have reset my BIOS to UEFI defaults (made absolutely no difference to the current, overclocked state)
I have my (10.12.6) working boot options at "-v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0"
I have tried other various boot options including "-x, darkwake=8, rootless=1, cpus=1, nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1"
I have tried Asus AICPUPM patch
I have tried multiple machine id's, including the one I have currently on my 10.12.6 "iMac14,2"
I have tried to boot the High Sierra installer from the USB stick without the old Sierra SSD installed
I have tried to update to High Sierra from my current working Sierra build, it created a new boot option at Clover which just results in the same error message as above
I have tried to pull out all my USB devices (except for keyboard)
I have tried to pull out all my other pci/pci-e cards
I have tried to swap the 1070 GTX to an old Nvidia Quadro
I have tried to copy the SSDT-SB-OC to the installer disc which I also have on my 10.12.6
I have tried several other SSDT's which are supposed to be for x79 motherboards

TL;DR
I have spent so much time trying to figure out what is causing this but have gotten nowhere. I am genuinely stumped and have no idea what to try next.

Same problem...with same ASROCK MB !!
long Sierra (and all the anothers old OSX) no problem...was only to add a command meaby on options....
I also can install SIERRA with "-v npci=0x2000"
but now no way....any comand same result... installation begin, 2 seconds tilt and pc boot again.
same of your video...
Meaby You found any solution in these days?

No solution. I tried every possible fix and way that I know/found.

so we can say official....ASROCK Extreme Mb , is incompatible with SIERRA HIGH!!
no solution (and ofcourse no patch) for install this osx...
Sierra last that work!
if you have any news about tell here, I too....

:thumbdown

news.....
(excuse me for my bad english...)
today more experiments...

when you do the USB installed , you must have also a visible partion name "EFI"....
is not, you must run Clover_v2.4k_r4318 ,select USB device , setup options onlyEFI boot ...
so you create the EFI partition....Now you can edit the config.plist , inside the EFI / CLOVER ....

well I try many changes, no way.... later I found this topic:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-x79-ud5-10-13-high-sierra.226347/

well, is not 100%some of my MB , my is asrock x79 extreme 4.... with i7 3930k cpu

but in this topic also are x79...so why not try ?
I download the zip file, and copy them on my EFI usb dirs...

result NOW boot and install ,many more of before...(2 seconds before reset)....now take long , ofcourse not work, because before stop/reset again I read last string say my CPU is not compatible

?!?!

but the intaller work more better of before...and I think in this way meaby we have a solution....
something to change on config.plist ...not easy, because we need a guru that know all the sets, and what try.....(look the pictures on the link!!!)...

try, meaby we found a way....

I have the exact same problem with my asrock x79 extreme6 board. At least I know now, that I did nothing wrong. Whatever I try, nothing changes the behavior you show in your vid. Thats surprising, since Sierra runs flawless.

If and when I find a solution, I will post it here.

Greets

Orsetti

thanks...(grazie)
hope you found any trick-way....
because I also try every thing possible...but the install from usb key (OK!) but something is different of all the anothers times ( osx from sierra, capitan, yosemite...) and no way for install sierra high...
console -verbose commands not help....
need a fix , because meaby asrock extreme 4,5,6...or processor , have problem with sierra HIGH.

we wait here any good or bad news about....

Last edited:
I cannot manage to get the installer to work, neither as update over Sierra nor fresh from a usb stick. It always crashes at the exact same moment. It seems to have something to do with acpi... but even trying the hacks, that seemed to work with other x79 boards does not help.

It is my guess, that something within the Bios (that has some quirks) is not reacting the way it is expected by high sierra. But I will try further and if there will be a success, I will post it here.

also with sierra was not so easy to have a working installation, but was different problem....
installation was working like always....problem was about VIDEO driver, (nvidia card)....
and resolved wint web driver..ecc..ecc...
In installation from USB KEY.... UEFI ofcourse, important (always with those ASROCK MB!!!) was to put -ncpi=0x2000 or no way to install ...

NOW is different, because no way...and this kind of error , i never see...
like you read UP , I'v try to play little , with EFI files of another people with ASROCK (not estreme 4-5-6) say SIERRA HIGH WORK.... so in the USB KEY I try to install CLOVER and updating the EFI partition on USB key.

with those files inside (config.plist...ecc..)
something was change....
Installation not freze later 2 second like the video...but continued long...(also if you can read many errors , meaby normal...meaby not)... computer freeze 20 second later...and the last message you can read was CPU not compatible.
and pc reset!

I can say if "cpu not compatible" is a true or only a wring message because I use a UEFI of another system...different of my.

meaby something in thats files can help you ?? (hope)

What BIOS version are you guys running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back