Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone. I'm really frustrated with this as the new Chimera 2.0 fix seems to be working for most people. I have done everything recommended:

deleting all plists related to FaceTime and imessage
logging out of icloud and imessage on all my iOS devices
changing my password for my AppleID
i have turned off my firewall to see if there was something being hung up there.
i also changed my DNS server to 8.8.8.8 to see if that would fix it

All of these things I have tried have not fixed the problem.

When I logged into iMessage it looked like everything like it was going to work. Confirmation messages/email saying I have logged into my Hack.

When I go to the console to see what's happening I get this:

2013-02-20 6:37:18.912 AM imagent[202]: [Warning] FTMessageDelivery failed! Error (APSErrorDomain:4): Timeout connecting to server (null)
2013-02-20 6:37:18.925 AM imagent[202]: [Warning] FTMessageDelivery failed! Error (APSErrorDomain:4): Timeout connecting to server (null)

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks in advance.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

so I changed my serial number of the computer to see if it did anything - after a few reboots - it was fixed. I think this was the final piece of the puzzle.

Good luck.

Which are...?

well, there are a few spots. Start here: com.apple.imagent.plist in ~/Library/LaunchAgents and delete anything that refers to facetime, imessage or ichat. The other location was still under library but then preferences. When I get home tonight I'll try to post the exact file names and locations.

well, there are a few spots. Start here: com.apple.imagent.plist in ~/Library/LaunchAgents and delete anything that refers to facetime, imessage or ichat. The other location was still under library but then preferences. When I get home tonight I'll try to post the exact file names and locations.

That would be great. Thanks in advance.

Actually, the iMessage fix works for me. but with the FileNVRAM.dylib file, provided by the Chimera package, however there's a newer version of this file, located here, which I tried and which didn't worked for me (MacMan also tried it and said it's ok), so , I wanted to remove all the iMessage configuration first and then test this new version again.

Thank you for the post. I see this "serial number" referred to a few times. Where is it located? Sorry, but fairly new to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back