Contribute
Register

iMessage Yosemite Solution Thread (non-Clover only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A "Clover & TonyMacx86" solution may be great, but it's not officially endorsed by the powers that be on this site (meaning those who make and distribute the software - Chimera, UniBeast, MultiBeast).

And as has been mentioned by many people, Clover is not very straightforward and it constantly changes. Clover may be the future, and if so great, but I don't think we're at that point quite yet. Until we are, let's find a way to get iMessage working with Chimera!

I agree with you that Chimera is a wonderful Boot Loader. As UEFI, became the mainstream on motherboards a new Bootloader was probably needed. I say probably because we are still using Chimera on all the machines I have built.
But, Clover could be a better solution down the road if AMD and GTX9xx support is needed.

I do hope someone updates the code as well since I am not a code expert. :(

There is a HUGE amount of info in the sticky : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

A great deal of that link has to do with getting your hardware ID's correct. Clover helps with that. Jaymonkey's ultimate take is that Yosemite has changed things and that, for now, only Clover passes the test. There are 2,084 post and 204 pages of details if you want to dive in...

Unless FileNVRAM gets updated you might be in for a wait.

Yes, but that involves Clover. The point of this thread is to compile all the efforts and data people have found in order to not use Clover.

Until the leaders at Tonymacx86.com announce that Clover is the only way, it seems like there should be a way to get things working with Chimera. As I said earlier, clover may be the future, but it does not seem like we are there yet.

Yes, but that involves Clover. The point of this thread is to compile all the efforts and data people have found in order to not use Clover.

Until the leaders at Tonymacx86.com announce that Clover is the only way, it seems like there should be a way to get things working with Chimera. As I said earlier, clover may be the future, but it does not seem like we are there yet.

.. a lot of us are there, it doesn't need an "official" declaration from any of the mods here to know that what bob_the_tomato says is true...you may be in for a wait until FileNVRAM is updated. The answers, if any, are in the thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back