Contribute
Register

iMessage Yosemite Solution Thread (non-Clover only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 (U1E)
CPU
i5-2500 3.3GHz
Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It seems that all of the threads for iMessage not working in Yosemite all get hijacked by using Clover to get iMessage working. There are still a large number of people who, for whatever reason, aren't ready or willing to switch over to Clover.

I thought it may be useful to put together a thread that doesn't involve using Clover as the solution to get iMessage working Yosemite.

I don't have the answer, but a start is a start. Here is what I do know:

As @Tonymacx86 said here, the issue is that the FileNVRAM module and kext need to be recompiled for use with Yosemite. It's a matter of finding what's causing it not to work and correcting it.

Mr. @Tonymaxc86 also said here that there are some who are working on a fix.

Maybe we can keep track of everyone's efforts here, so as not to duplicate work and test each other's efforts.

Last edited:
I'm all for this. I tried updating to clover and got it installed but I had no idea what to do from there. I'd rather wait for a new NVRAM.

[EDIT] ignore everything below. When I reviewed the svn logs, I made an assumption that only the kext was needed. I think that's a bad assumption. I never compiled the module. Sorry!

Having successfully moved over to Clover, I wasn't too motivated to take a look at this, but I got curious as to what the exact problem was. I'm downloaded the code and indeed the compile command had to be tweaked, but it was a simple fix. I've got a FileNVRAM kext generated (not a module), but I'm not entirely sure what the next step is. I can't test it since I'm on Clover and have no motivation to break my only hackintosh. If anyone is interested, I can post what I compiled and you guys can tell me what the logs say the issue with loading it is.

FYI, I have 0 previous experience with FileNVRAM; I'm just someone who got curious.

Does anyone know what needs to happen to the FileNVRAM? Like, a starting point?

The author, merklort hasn't updated the source, it's still on version 1.1.3 which works up until OS X Mavericks. Not sure if he's abandoned the project but anyone can download his source project and fix it to include Yosemite if they wish to try.

That's pretty much it.

It sounds so simple, yet no one has been able to do it.

I wonder if it's just a matter of time before TonyMacx86 becomes a Clover site. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's ever been a core feature of OS X that's gone this long without working from TonyMacx86's services.

It sounds so simple, yet no one has been able to do it.

I wonder if it's just a matter of time before TonyMacx86 becomes a Clover site. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's ever been a core feature of OS X that's gone this long without working from TonyMacx86's services.
Clover +TonyMacx86 =THE BEST FRIENDS

He's not the only one

Apparently you're the only one.

oh I tried Clover and it boinked my machine, so yes I'm waiting for another solution.

the only thing not working is imessage, FaceTime works great.

Not a Clover fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back