Contribute
Register

Imessage will connect but not send.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use iMessage on my iphone and Hackintosh (10.8.3).
Same thing happened to me on August 20.
I did some research
finally, I found out reactivating your iMessage account on your iDevices will solve this problem.

1. close iMessage on your Mac.

2. on your iphone, go to setting- Message, turn off iMessage. Then turn it on again.
(for some users, it will show you "waiting for activation....". it might take couples of hours to complete this process.
it's normal.. just be patient and leave the switch ON because if you turn it off, it will restart the activation process.)

3. after iMessage on iPhone get activated. open iMessage on OSX, it should work now..

Hope this help....:)

I use iMessage on my iphone and Hackintosh (10.8.3).
Same thing happened to me on August 20.
I did some research
finally, I found out reactivating your iMessage account on your iDevices will solve this problem.

1. close iMessage on your Mac.

2. on your iphone, go to setting- Message, turn off iMessage. Then turn it on again.
(for some users, it will show you "waiting for activation....". it might take couples of hours to complete this process.
it's normal.. just be patient and leave the switch ON because if you turn it off, it will restart the activation process.)

3. after iMessage on iPhone get activated. open iMessage on OSX, it should work now..

Hope this help....:)

This worked for me. Thanks!

[update]
the fix did not reliably survive a reboot. So, I turned off airport, made the Ethernet port inactive and then made it active again and connected the computer to the network via Ethernet only. iMessage and Facetime have been reliably working and the fix survived a reboot.
[/end update]

I got iMessage and Facetime both working again.

Here is what I did:

signed out of iCloud in System Preferences app, signed out of iCloud in Messages app.
deleted everything but my personal stored passwords from my login keychain.
changed my password using the App Store app.
updated my password info on my iPhone 4s and turned iMessage off and then back on.
logged into iCloud from System Preferences app, Messages app, and Facetime app on my Ivy Bridge hackintosh and everything is back to normal.

Probably overkill but its been almost a week with non functional Message app until I did all this.

I got iMessage and Facetime both working again.

Here is what I did:

signed out of iCloud in System Preferences app, signed out of iCloud in Messages app.
deleted everything but my personal stored passwords from my login keychain.
changed my password using the App Store app.
updated my password info on my iPhone 4s and turned iMessage off and then back on.
logged into iCloud from System Preferences app, Messages app, and Facetime app on my Ivy Bridge hackintosh and everything is back to normal.

Probably overkill but its been almost a week with non functional Message app until I did all this.

wowow... I'll give it surely a try! :)

I tried daohaon suggestion in post #11 this morning and it didn't work for me. This evening I had to disconnect and reconnect my Ethernet for my Hackintosh in System Preferences. I was surprised to see the Message icon bounce on the dock once I was back on the internet. I tested iMessage by sending to different contacts on iPhones and was able to send and receive. Not sure if you have to go through daohaon steps first. Hope this helps someone else.

I tried daohaon suggestion in post #11 this morning and it didn't work for me. This evening I had to disconnect and reconnect my Ethernet for my Hackintosh in System Preferences. I was surprised to see the Message icon bounce on the dock once I was back on the internet. I tested iMessage by sending to different contacts on iPhones and was able to send and receive. Not sure if you have to go through daohaon steps first. Hope this helps someone else.

i think you may be on to something here. thanks for this.

i removed and added my ethernet (in system prefs) and this looks like it's working very consistently.

Still not working for me... tried all the solutions, no success.

I too am having difficulties with iMessage. I have tried booting off of a Clover usb drive but to no avail; I of course properly altered the config.plist file. I have also tried installing Chimera 2.2svn(I usually utilize Chameleon through Chameleon Wizard) but such still didn't help my issue. I'm able to sign into iMessage without error, and I receive a message on my iPhone that a new device has been added. But when I try to send a message to anyone I receive the same error that "Your message could not be sent ; Click "Try Again" to send this message". How many people are also having this issue? And, has anyone found a solution yet?

Same issue here. I have two hackintoshes (and 4 other macs) and neither are working at the moment. My macbook, air and mac pro work just fine. Never ending battle keeping iMessage working it seems.

Has anyone had any luck permanently resolving this? Disabling/re-enabling doesn't stick for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back