HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there,

Everything on the build works well and I today updated to 10.8.3 without any hitches, (I used the AppStore update method) and all I had to do was reinstall the Audio drivers with MultiBeast.

However I have noticed, and this was prior to the 10.8.3 update that it is not possible to change the iMessage status to 'Available' or anything else. If you try to change it using the Messages>My Status all the options are greyed out. If you have selected under Messages>Preferences>General to 'Show Status in Menu Bar' it allows you to change it from the menu bar but it does not work.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to find a fix?

Thanks.

My build consists of the following:
Case - Corsair Obsidian Series 550D - Black Aluminum
Motherboard - GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
Processor - Intel i7-3770K
Memory - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP
Drives - 2 x 500GB Samsung SSD's
Bluetooth - IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 Micro Adaptor
Video 1 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 with Cinema Display
Video 2 - Intel HD4000 with an old monitor attached
Ethernet - Built my own using a Mini pci-e to pci-e x1 adapter and a Broadcom mini pci-e card
Cooling - Zalman 9900 MAX Air Cooler
Power - Corsair HX750

Is anyone able to change their status to 'Available' or any other status?

So still nothing, either I have not done a good job of explaining my problem or I am the only one that cannot change my status to in iMessage. Can anyone help me out?

I'm not able to either. I can log in and use iMessage but can't change status.

No - Me not either. Even the task bar icon is greyed out and changing my status will not take effect.
I also noticed that sometimes - although sending messages works fine - replies will only be displayed on the IOS device(s), but not on the OSX machine. Only after some time, those messages will flow in (delayed).

Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back