GTX 770 2GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So i have recently updated to the 10.9 Mavericks all the way from 10.6.3! Let me start off by saying w00t! Excited as hell to finally be here with you guys.. Everything is working very smoothly also, audio, ethernet app store everything out of the box working great..(Added I love the auto spell corrections)

Now its time to start trying to get all the minor issues working starting with iMessage and then i will try FaceTime when i have a camera installed which i don't have at the time..

I followed jay monkey's guide that he has posted and has had amazing results with. It actually did change my results.. But i have an error message now stating that i need to contact apple care with a reference number... Is this a big NO NO? Or should i go about the call to them?

Also does anyone know of any other options I have to possibly fix this issue.. I have read the entire thread and tried changing password(Didn't work), i don't have another mac machine to try the other option listed in there.. Any help would be great!
THANKS!
Jbudness
New VERY Happy Hackintosh User

I had the same problem and this is what worked for me - Open Finder, click on mavericks icon,click on Extra Folder then click on Extra you should see the Modules Folder, click on that you should have FileNVRAM.dylib in there, If not you have to place that file in there and then reboot. I must add there are two versions of this file 1.1.2 and 1.1.3, I had to try both before I found the one that worked and it was the older version 1.1.2 that worked. Before rebooting after placing the file in the Modules folder, it would be a good idea to repair permissions and then reboot. I had to google the named file to be able to down load the file. Good luck, its frustrating I know but you will get there in the end.

I had the same problem and this is what worked for me - Open Finder, click on mavericks icon,click on Extra Folder then click on Extra you should see the Modules Folder, click on that you should have FileNVRAM.dylib in there, If not you have to place that file in there and then reboot. I must add there are two versions of this file 1.1.2 and 1.1.3, I had to try both before I found the one that worked and it was the older version 1.1.2 that worked. Before rebooting after placing the file in the Modules folder, it would be a good idea to repair permissions and then reboot. I had to google the named file to be able to down load the file. Good luck, its frustrating I know but you will get there in the end.

in a sense thats what i have already done along with some other things mentioned in that guide.. :( thanks though esafeddie

Sorry to hear you're still having problems, I did read somewhere about a fix for the 'contact apple care' error msg just can't seem to remember where, try googling the 'contact apple care error'. If you have an iPhone or other apple systems, try logging out of them, then try signing into iMessage in mavericks.
Another solution to try, if you haven't already, change your apple ID by adding a few digits at the end of the one you normally use, sometimes the Apple Server gets a bit confused with amount of logins using the same ID.

Thanks for the advice. I have already tried everything in the said guide that I posted. I even tried calling apple because I saw on a forum on a different site where one guy had done what I did posted asking if it was even Ok to call them and like my post no one answered so he called and they fixed it for him on their end. So I said wth I will try bit I got scared when they asked for my serials and I hung up haha. I haven't seen and fixes for the apple error message specifically. There is one more method I can try but I have to wait until I can get my hands on an authentic mac computer do to so. So if you or anyone for that matter finds another method in the mean time please let me know and no matter how it turns out after I borrow my friends mac I will update the post. Thanks again.

Just so everyone knows I have since gotten this fixed...

How i did it was, i used a friends mac book pro... I called Apple support and gave them the error message and code and they fixed it for me on their side... that is the BEST fix haha.. We can mark this thread as solved now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back