Gigabyte GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all

I have a new build z97x-ud5h and iMessage is not running as it should. I am set to iMac 14,2, and set my custom ROM and MLB values, and can login to iMessage. However, I can't actually send messages. When I try, it shows that it will only send to a registered email address and not a phone number. Nothing actually goes through. I can iMessage from other devices (mac, iphone, etc.) without issue. I searched but came up empty on this one. Any ideas?

Last edited:
you need a valid mlb and rom according to your serial and mac model, also have your ethernet to en0. you also need a valid hardware uuid. dl imessage_debug v2 and post your findings

you need a valid mlb and rom according to your serial and mac model, also have your ethernet to en0. you also need a valid hardware uuid. dl imessage_debug v2 and post your findings

I'm set to en0 and have a UUID set and injected. My results from iMessage_debug v2 are posted.

Attachments

• iMessage Debug.tiff
    87.4 KB · Views: 182
I'm set to en0 and have a UUID set and injected. My results from iMessage_debug v2 are posted.

Post all your iMessage queries over on the 'Fix Message' forum - I had a look at the values you posted and the BoardSerialNumber is incorrect, it is a Generic value hence the reason you cannot log into iMsg. You need to generate your own and add it to your config.plist via Clover Configurator or a Text Editor. The popular method is to add 5 random digits to the end of the Mac S/N making it 17 characters long. In the 'Fix iMessage' Guide you will find if not all, many solutions to get iMessage up and running - Good luck

I realize that this may not be the best forum for this, but this guide was extremely helpful: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

I wasn't doing all of step 8. I didn't realize that the values Clover Configurator generates for MLB and ROM were blacklisted default values. Once I changed the MLB to my motherboard serial number that I generated and ROM to the last 12 digits of my UUID, all started working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back